Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

New Idiots and Morons at the gym thread

I wish everyone at the gym was this mature. All the juice heads at my gym are dicks and mock the new people. I hate seeing a teenager starting lifting and these guys laughing at him instead of helping him with his form. We were all new at one time

Anybody that is this is a total insecure looser. Thats just plain sad that its this way.

I wish everyone at the gym was this mature. All the juice heads at my gym are dicks and mock the new people. I hate seeing a teenager starting lifting and these guys laughing at him instead of helping him with his form. We were all new at one time

I've seen this a bunch of times and I'll be the first to tell someone "hey don't do it like that do it like this" but then I feel like a know it all. Either or, I'm a friendly person by habit, and I think, or hope no one ever takes it as being a know it all. I like to help where I can. On the flip side, people who are dicks to me just get a right hook and a spin kick to the throat. I never argue with anyone. Shits pointless.

My gym has a lot more members than it has lockers in the locker rooms. As a result the policy is that no one gets an assigned locker and needs to take their things home at night. I have not problem with this as my clothes need to be washed and my shoes need to be aired out after each workout. For some reason others think that the gym policy does not apply to them. I see the same locks on the same lockers everyday. Today I saw one of the people that feels entitled to a locker and it does not look like he goes to the gym often to put it mildly! I saw another one of the locker entitled people and he is no regular either. Not sure why people think they can just call a locker their own.

My gym has a lot more members than it has lockers in the locker rooms. As a result the policy is that no one gets an assigned locker and needs to take their things home at night. I have not problem with this as my clothes need to be washed and my shoes need to be aired out after each workout. For some reason others think that the gym policy does not apply to them. I see the same locks on the same lockers everyday. Today I saw one of the people that feels entitled to a locker and it does not look like he goes to the gym often to put it mildly! I saw another one of the locker entitled people and he is no regular either. Not sure why people think they can just call a locker their own.

Nah see we got the same thing in my gym, so the personnel keeps track of lockers and of ur shit is left there one day too long, they bust ur lock put your shit in a garbage bag, label the locker # and put it on the side for you to reclaim when u come back. No one leaves their shit now.

I got to look like the noob ass noob the other day....and have to now go back to the gym at a different time every day for fear someone will recognize me

so Im benching my little heart out and get to the last rep of my last set and I just cant put the weight up...I can get it maybe 2 inches and thats it.
so I start the roll of shame...rolling the barbell off of me (no biggy doesnt bother me) only my husband sees me from across the gym and runs over thinking I cant get the thing off of me...proceeds to fight with me in an almost tug of war while Im telling him "let go" only he cant hear me cuz his ear buds are still in and hes like leveraging one side off my ribs...now that hurts and I scream "FUCKING LET GO"

he pulls it off and racks it...I sit up and like three guys are laughing at what they just saw
:(
fml

seriously...Im never going back at that time of day again.

I suppose I could go back and make fun of everyone's squat form

Nah see we got the same thing in my gym, so the personnel keeps track of lockers and of ur shit is left there one day too long, they bust ur lock put your shit in a garbage bag, label the locker # and put it on the side for you to reclaim when u come back. No one leaves their shit now.
That is how it should be. Wish my gym did that.

I got to look like the noob ass noob the other day....and have to now go back to the gym at a different time every day for fear someone will recognize me

so Im benching my little heart out and get to the last rep of my last set and I just cant put the weight up...I can get it maybe 2 inches and thats it.
so I start the roll of shame...rolling the barbell off of me (no biggy doesnt bother me) only my husband sees me from across the gym and runs over thinking I cant get the thing off of me...proceeds to fight with me in an almost tug of war while Im telling him "let go" only he cant hear me cuz his ear buds are still in and hes like leveraging one side off my ribs...now that hurts and I scream "FUCKING LET GO"

he pulls it off and racks it...I sit up and like three guys are laughing at what they just saw
:(
fml

seriously...Im never going back at that time of day again.

I suppose I could go back and make fun of everyone's squat form

Lmao that's funny as hell. I did the same shit about 3 weeks ago but I got hurt. Had 315 on bench and my last rep of last set, and my muscle in my left shoulder popped and it slowly came down onto my chest and a bunch of guys across the way are just staring at me (it was obvious it was stuck on me) I say "Ay assholes!! A little help maybe?!" thennnnn they go "oh sorry bro" smh ahhh o well we love to fight another day

I always try and help people whether they are newbs or experienced.. there was this gigantic dude the other day while i was doing deadlifts he comes up to me and asks me if i can spot him on free weight chest butterfly's.. no problem cause i like to take 3-5 minutes in between sets on deadlifts anyway.. he was doing 120 per arm and he trusted me enough to help drop the weight on each of his arms and to spot him.. now next time i need someone to spot me i expect him to do the same for me.

its just like EF, I will hook you up, but you better hook me up as well.. kinda like the karma system on here.

I'm surprised they laugh at new kids, they must have forgotten at one time they were new as well and likely very skinny kids (hell we all weighed 100 pounds at one time right?) ... i know I was skinny as a rail at 14, looking back i wish i had started lifting earlier than 15 cause its an awesome thing to get into.

There were these 2 guys who were really into acting all hard core. Really into themselves and to each other it seemed. All kind of grunting and dropping weights and looking at themselves. They used to do donkey calve raises, like they were Arnold and Franco or something. (There were plenty of other ways to do calves in that gym).
So one day the one guys partner is missing, and the other guy asks if I'll help him by sitting on him while he's bent over going up and down doing his donkey calves. (it has to be the gayest movement ever). I just had to say sorry man, no way I'm going to do that. His face looked so hurt it was hilarious. Like he never imagined anyone would say no to the opportunity to ride on his frickin back.

LOL to Shirls story, but at least you've got the nuts (figuratively of course :) ) to go to failure without a spot. Most guys would have racked it 2 reps prior.

Top Bottom