Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

New guy! Need your thoughts!

LR Bob

This is my first post, so I’ll start out with some info about me. I’m 27 years old, 6’2’’, and about 206 pounds (recently down from 218—watched my diet and lost 12 pounds since January). I just started getting into lifting so I don’t really have a good idea of what I’m doing. My mother-in-law used to be a competition body builder so she’s my trainer (kind of embarrassing to have your mother-in-law train you, but hey, it’s free). She has me on a 3 day split right now. The workout is as follows:

Day 1:
Chest
-Bench
-Incline DB Raise
-DB Flyes
Back
-Lat Pull Down
-Seated Cable Rows
-DB Row
Day 2:
Legs:
-Squats
-Leg Extensions
-Leg Curls
Abs:
-P90X Ab Ripper
Day 3:
Shoulders:
-Shoulder Press
-Arnold Press
-Lateral Raise
-Seated Bent Over Lateral Raise
Biceps:
-Barbell Curl
-Incline Hanging DB Curl
Triceps:
-Dips
-DB Kickbacks
Day 4:
Off

Today I will start my 5th rotation of this split and have noticed some strength gains, but haven’t noticed any weight loss. I continue to watch what I eat. Typically I eat oatmeal, a banana, and maybe a Chobani greek yogurt for breakfast. Morning snack is 2 hard boiled eggs and a chobani greek yogurt. Lunch is typically a meat wrap (usually chicken) with lots of vegetables in it and an apple on the side. Dinner varies, but is some kind of meat with at least a vegetable. I also have a protein shake after my workout that is mixed with frozen berries. I drink about 100 ounces of water a day.

I would like to continue to lose weight, although I don’t really have a lot to lose. I’m going to start doing some cardio after some of my workouts and probably on day 4 as well. All that I have available is an elliptical machine, which I am not too fond of. I’ve read jump rope is supposed to kick you in the rear so I will probably start there and incorporate cycling when the weather gets nice. Any other suggestions?

I’ve just started to read about all the different supplements that are out there as well as some of the crazy diets that some people have listed. There’s definitely a lot to learn about the science of the diet.

I normally work out after work around 4 – 5 pm. Since I would like to continue to lose weight should I only take whey once a day after my workout? I’m trying to eat as few calories as possible to get rid of some belly fat, but I would also like muscle gains and quick recovery. I know it changes from person to person, but you guys are the experts so that’s why I’m asking!

I would also like some recommendations on preworkout “energy” type supplements. I’ve never taken any kind of energy drink, and don’t want to consume a lot of caffeine, especially because I normally go to bed around 9:00 (have to wake up at 4:30) and don’t want anything to keep me from sleeping. Thanks for your help!

try to actually calculate your calories for the day, grams of carbs/protein/fats. That way you know exactly how many cals you are eating and why you arent losing weight. Shoot for 2500-2800 cals a day at like 40%pro and carbs and 20%fat. A good preworkout drink is maximize V2 or jack3d or flashover. They all at .com for dirtcheap, also they sell protein really cheap too. No, protein will not make you fat, carbs and fats will so more protein the better. Really you should shoot for 50%pro 30%carbs 20% fat to lose weight faster at 2500ish cals.

Wasting your time on a lot of those exercises. Go to jasonferruggia.com and start reading. You need to add some pulls/chins and deadlifts to your routine. Do push up variations and get rid of the tricep kick backs please for gods sake.

I've struggled for a long part of my life with trying to lose the weight. I use to do high reps, low reps, burn outs. Never really staying with a routine or being in and out of the gym ended up messing me up. I finally decided to stay with it and have noticed a big change. Everyone's body is different. However I fully believe all should def keep up with protein, fats, and carbs making sure to keep a good balance. I've gone from 291- 245 and still a ways to go. There are several supps out there, but I learned quickly diet and training comes first. For me the basic are always Whey protein, vitamins, creatine, and ammino's. Check out OrbitNutrition.com They have some really good sales on fat loss stacks, mass gainers, and all your basics. I just did an APS log and mesomorph was the best pre-workout supp I have ever taken. Gives you a boost without the crash. Good luck bro and hope you get your goals.

No problem bro that's what were all here for. I'm still learning as well. These forums introduce me to the new supps, and lot of knowledge. Orbit Nutrition has ton of products and info. Good luck

Top Bottom