Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

New to free weights

mongolrascal

[FONT=&quot]I've been a gym member for years and the machines and the cardio stuff doesn't scare me (I love the treadmill...) but I really want to move onto free-weights.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]I know that I have just as much right to be in there as the power lifters, but I'm too scared I'll look stupid to give it a go. [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Do any of you have any tips on how to take the first step?[/FONT]

Number one don't be afraid, and none of the serious lifters will be judging you. Every singlenl one of us had to start out too. There are tons of beginning lifter programs you can find online, and youtube videos of starting strength and similar can be very helpful for those with no experience. Also don't be afraid to ask some of the experienced lifters for advice or a spot. People tend not to offer unsolicited advice as it can seem rude to some, but if you ask for help, you will find lifters are by and large very friendly, supportive, and helpful.

I've been a gym member for years and the machines and the cardio stuff doesn't scare me (I love the treadmill...) but I really want to move onto free-weights.

I know that I have just as much right to be in there as the power lifters, but I'm too scared I'll look stupid to give it a go.

Do any of you have any tips on how to take the first step?

Do exactly what you've done here. Go ask.

You just got to get in there and do work man. How do you think the females feel being around a bunch of staring meatheads? Just do your thing and do t worry about anyone but yourself. Once you do it a couple times you wont even worry about it again

Don’t be afraid just take baby steps to working your way up to feeling confident. I used to train super early in the morning because I wasn’t big or strong enough to the other experienced lifters. After about 6 months I felt stronger and more confident and started to lift at peak hours.

Stop caring about what others think of you.

You, are your only limitation.

I workout in a big box gym with all kinds of lifters, people may glance at you and notice you're a beginner but that's all they think if they're truly there to work. Only true assholes will actually do or say something negative to you... luckily most assholes are of the moderate level and are only mentally mocking you to hide their own insecurities.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Top Bottom