Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

new favorite exercise

casualbb

Plat Hero
Platinum
Used to be mid-grip parallel cable rows...

and now it's...

close-grip parallel cable rows.

I love the close grip. I can feel my entire traps just bear the load and the contraction is great and it feels smooth and so on

I can just see me having that monster back... mmm...

casualbb said:
Used to be mid-grip parallel cable rows...

and now it's...

close-grip parallel cable rows.

I love the close grip. I can feel my entire traps just bear the load and the contraction is great and it feels smooth and so on

I can just see me having that monster back... mmm...

you mean seated cable rows with a V handle ?

I agree that deadlifts are great for your back, but that doesn't necessarily mean they will cause alot of lat hypertrophy. Even powerlifters do assistance work for the traps and lats because deads alone just don't cut it.

Hey casualbb, seated cable rows with a v-handle are my favorite lat exercise too. I've been thinking about making them my main lat staple first in the routine and everything else after instead of it last like usual. No other lat exercise seems to give me as good of a contraction and pump as it does. My form is good on one arm DB rows, BB rows, pulldowns, but nothing seems to hit my back like cable rows. Great for really building up the inside middle of your back as well as the outer lats with a wider grip.

I think if an exercise seems to hit the muscle better than another, then you have too assume that for you that exercise is superior for muscle developement.

Who says cable row can't be a mass builder. It's almost the exact same position as a strongman truck pull. HAHA, it would probably look crazy, but you could attach a triceps rope to it and do rope pulls which would almost exactly simulate truck pulling, and from what I hear, the strong men say nothing gives you big guns quite like pulling a heavy ass load by rope. Not to mention a great back workout. I might try it!

I like the Hammer Strength low row machine.

I like to take a BB against a corner, add some plates, use the V-handle and do some kind of T-rows

What i have been doing lately for close grip rows is taking to seperate handles and using them kinda like the v handle. But when you fully contract u can kinda get a little extra squeeze at the end, because the handles move. Hope this makes sense.

to msbeverlyhills -- you're the most muscle-headed chick I know, lol

to ghetto -- I actually do them for traps, which is the main reason I switched to narrow grip. Wider grip like you said was giving the lats some love, but I already do pulldowns for those. I've got it to the point where I'm getting awesome movement in my traps and the arms are contributing almost nothing to the movement

If anyone wants some inner back action, try seated close-grip cable rows, they're money

Top Bottom