Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Nervous System pre-shock "principle" LEG POWER

Valdez

Charles Poliquic (olympic strength coach) coined the "1,6" while doing an exercise you warm up, do your first sets of 10, 8 then you do a 1 rep max (that you know you can complete the rep, so maybe 95%-99% of 1 rep max) then wait 3-5 minutes and do a balls out set of 6 reps. You will be able to do heavier weight.

Well, this is something I tried that gave me MASSIVE RESULTS yesterday for legs.

I went to the gym in the morning and I did 5 sets of 1 rep squats.
10x225 (warmup), 1x 315, 1x365, 1x405, 1x455 (failed on this rep)
now it is very important that you go completely ATF, ass to heels. After I did this I went to work for 6 hours. when I got off work I went to the gym and warmed up on the stairmaster (5 minutes and you totally ready for leg onslaught. Then I began my workout (which is the best leg workout I've had in a LONG TIME) broke some strength records. This is how it went.

ATF squats: 135x15, 225x10, 275x16(to failure), 315x10 (to failure), 365x5 (to failure), 405x2 striped to 225 and cranked out out 12 or so to failure.
*side note: I did 5-10 rep sets of leg curls in between squat sets (I think it made me stronger.) (I normally only squat 315 ATF for 5-7

Cybex Leg press: 12, 10, 9, 7 (last set with 9 plates per side) again stronger than usual.

Stiff leg DL: 225x12, 315x10, 365x7!
Leg curl: reps at 12, 8, 7, 5

Hack squat: 12, 8, 6

that's it, I felt like a million bucks the whole workout, no nausea and very strong. I realize that much of it was just that I had a good, strong day... but I think the "pre-shock" to the nervous system in the morning really helped.

also try working the hamstrings in between sets of pressing, squatting movements.

------------------
"I must not fear, fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain."
--------------------
"the hardest most painful rep is the easiest to remember."

I can definately see how the hamstring curl in between sets would work. It kept your nervous system in an excited state throughout the workout. This will keep your neural conductivity levels higher and allow for a more forceful contraction. Meaning you can move more weight then normal.

I don't see however how the morning workout wa helpful. When you train on that single rep level you again deliver a very high stimulus to your nervous system. This will excite it and can lead to excess strength in your movements. However I do not see how your system could stay excited for along period of time. Again I do not know how much time you took between your sessions. Anyway it seems like an interesting experiment none the less. Keep it up and keep us informed.

was 6.5 hours in between, perhaps the morning lifts did nothing... all I know is I had a bad-ass workout.

Interesting stuff Valdez, as usual!

------------------
zebo.gif

"It ain't the years honey, its the mileage."

This is interesting...

although it is not the 1-6 principle as Poliquin has made it. I don't really see how the morning workout could benefit you, it probably was just a fluke. you had a good day.

only time will tell, really.

Top Bottom