Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Nelmsjer's 2006 Journal

Post workout shake didn't work, either. No whey for me for a while.

Today's workout was the deadlift, decline situp, and calf raise workout. Last week we did 10 sets of 3. This week we did 10 sets of 4. I have no clue how I made it, but I did. Even now, 2 hours later, I'm sitting here...worthless. I had to dig deep.

Deadlifts: 10 sets of 4 at 365. I discovered that I have not been going low enough with my hips on the start. I think correcting this is the only way I made it through it. It made a huge difference.

Decline situps: 10 sets of 4 with 45 lb. plate

Calf raises (on leg press): 10 sets of 4 with 430. Single leg w/ assistance from other foot as needed.

The post workout shake started to cause problems, so I went ahead and just started eating. Feeling better now.

Regarding the pre- and post-workout nutrition, I just take a scoop of ON 100% Whey Double Rich Chocolate or Chocolate Mint in water prior to training with creatine (if I'm using it at the time), then afterwards, one scoop with 5 tbsp of dextrose, also in water. I never have any problems with ON. They get an A+ in my book in terms of their taste and price. Very economical, very damn good.

Friday's calories. Scheduled day off. Mexican at lunch = OUCH.

Calories: 3437
Fat (g): 150
Carbs (g): 357
Protein (g): 181

Wish I could be around more...project at work is making me want to snap. :evil:

I know certain protein powders make me feel sick as well after i drink them, but i have never been lactose intolerant. For example, all the protein powders from GNC always makes me feel terrible, but with the 2 others ive tried i haven't had any probelms. i've been as confused as you have been over this, but i just stay away from the GNC stuff now.

Ok, things have cooled off (a little) at work. The weekend was scheduled off from the gym. I didn't log either day, so I'm not sure how that went. I know that Saturday's calories were about right, but yesterday's were low. Oh well...it's an off day, and I'm carrying more than I'm accusomted to, so a low day won't hurt! :) LOL....

This week is the final week in the 3 week program we're experimenting with. I'm not sure how I feel about it. I need to give the 5x5 another run through and see if I still make the gains I did first time, or even similar. There's just something about the simplicity of 5x5 that I enjoy, along with the gains, of course!

I'll update later on the workout.

nelmsjer: for qualty and taste i stand by isopure zero carb. its 50 grams per serving. its the best bar none. on is good for the price but isopure is a great product.

Good deal, e4d...thanks! I've got to try SOMETHING! The hard part is going to be getting things over here (Iraq). I don't want to order a ton of stuff to try and then still have problems with my stomach.

its hard to diagnose whats up with your stomach..... but isopure is exactly that... pure. advantagesupplements.com cheapest ive seen.

Today's workout:

Incline bench: 10 sets of 5 at 205. On set 9, my wife had to help on the 4th one. On set 10, I only got 3, but I got all 3 on my own. This one was tough, and I haven't pushed that hard in a while with upper body.

Bent row: 10 sets of 5 at 205. The form on the tenth set got ugly, but it was good up to that point.

At the end, I did my customary clean and attempted jerk. I got 205 last week, but I could not lock it out this week. I think the incline presses to failure did me in. :)

Top Bottom