Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Nelmsjer's 2006 Journal

nelmsjer said:
Sunday's Calories

Calories: 3443
Fat (g): 143
Carbs (g): 276
Protein (g): 273

Workout day today! I'll update later.

Do you just record calories by pen+paper or do you use some calorie tracking site like fitday.com?

I went ahead and purchased FitDay's computer software. I am VERY glad I did. Both my wife and I use it and find it very helpful.

nelmsjer said:
I went ahead and purchased FitDay's computer software. I am VERY glad I did. Both my wife and I use it and find it very helpful.

How does the purchased version compare to the free online version?Is there many extra features or is it just the same?

Speed and ease of use are probably the 2 largest factors. There are many more items in the database with the paid version. Not being tied to the internet and waiting on searches and items to pop up was enough for me to pay. You can also look at things by meal, instead of by day.

If you have specific questions (Will it do "xyz"?), let me know.

anotherbutters said:
If the paid version cooks everything after you've input the ingredients, I'll have a copy myself.

:lmao: That's in the deluxe version, bro.

Okay, today's workout was 10 sets of 4 on incline press and bent rows, both at 205 lbs. Strained for my last 2 sets of incline on the last rep, but not bad. Bent rows were done with supinated grip, which took a lot of stress off the elbows and felt better.

After the last set of rows, I power cleaned the 205 and then jerked it, which is the first time I've done the jerk. It was ugly, but it went up and locked out just fine. It was immensely fun, so I'll have to keep playing with it. It kind of makes me frustrated that I was never exposed to Olympic lifting at a younger age...

Sorry, I have to pull a page from AnotherButter's journal. He reminded me that I set a bodyweight PR as well, today... 206.6 lbs. About 4 more to go, and then I want to keep it there for a month or two before I cut down. We'll see how it goes!

nelmsjer said:
Bent rows were done with supinated grip, which took a lot of stress off the elbows and felt better.

I've found that to be true for me too.

nelmsjer said:
Sorry, I have to pull a page from AnotherButter's journal. He reminded me that I set a bodyweight PR as well, today... 206.6 lbs. About 4 more to go, and then I want to keep it there for a month or two before I cut down. We'll see how it goes!

Nice work. I also want to get to 210 (I'm 5-11). Right now I barely have visible abs and only if I flex them and the lighting is right ;)

Jim Ouini said:
Nice work. I also want to get to 210 (I'm 5-11). Right now I barely have visible abs and only if I flex them and the lighting is right ;)

That is EXACTLY where my bodyfat is right now, Jim. LOL!

Monday's calories were lower than I wanted them to be. Something is going wrong with my shakes. Yesterday, they made me very nauseous...enough that I sat down for 30 minutes to keep from vomiting both times I had a shake. I hope I'm not developing some allergy to whey or something. Who knows? Anyway, I cleaned my shaker today for almost 5 minutes, thinking maybe it was a bacteria or something that gave me mild food poisoning. I'll take the plunge and try again today, but if it happens again, I'm staying away from shakes for a week. It tore me up.

Anyway, calories:

Calories: 3103
Fat (g): 103
Carbs (g): 361
Protein (g): 207

It might well be something in your shaker. I ditched my shaker in preference for a 1.5 litre mineral water bottle for that reason. Every weekend, I chuck it and start a new one (same for the bottle that I actually drink water out of). It just takes a while to pour the shake down the narrow neck, that's all.

Top Bottom