Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Nelmsjer's 2006 Journal

blut wump said:
A one-third increase in workload if you are already pushing yourself is huge. If your program calls for it then you have to accept that you started too heavy and have broken the program already.

Have you taken a look at Prilepin's table to check what total reps for this intensity he'd recommend? Moving from 30 reps to 40 suggests that you are striving to load or are working at a very low intensity and I don't get the impression that either is the case. Accordingly, you need to choose whether to abandon the program or take it back on track. Getting it back on track will require a huge drop in intensity.

blut_wump, thanks, and I agree. I've worked it out, as mentioned above, that 325 will allow for a greater overall workload. So, I believe my plan is to do the first few (2-4?) sets with the 365, and then drop down to the 315 or 325 that I know I can handle and will also provide the greater workload.

This is the problem with percentages. The program calls for 80% of your max. I'm at 76%, because I already knew 80% wasn't going to happen. And I'm learning that I needed to go even lower than that.

I have reviewed Prilepin's table, but I failed to compare it with this program. Thanks for the reminder and the post.

Today's calories.

Calories: 3505
Fat (g): 140
Carbs (g): 323
Protein (g): 251

Side note: I have zero "soreness" from all of the deadlifting. I am very aware that soreness is not an indicator of effectiveness. However, with the increased volume, I expected to at least feel something. My third week of 3x3, done ~4 weeks ago, was done with the same weight of 365. So, 9 total reps to 30 total reps.

Measurements taken yesterday:
Biceps - 15.25
Forearm - 13
Chest - 44.5
Hips - 41
Waist - 35.5
Stomach - 39
Thighs - 25.75
calves - 16

Finally, I have a question again. I have a "power gut". It drives me nuts, and I've had it almost my entire life. I think I got it from working out on the farm. All I know is that I am tired of people mentioning that I'm adding weight to my stomach (which I technically am), but I don't have a ton of fat over my abs. It's the freaking shape of my stomach. I have been trying to consciously hold it in when I sit and stand and walk around, hoping my transverse will kick in and possibly fix it. If anyone has ANY ideas on how to work on this, please let me know.

Thanks!

lol.. u share a similiar problem with us all who lift.. an ugly gut.. when ur upper body looks impressive and ur legs are muscular.. and then there's the guy.. yuck..

so let's make a deadline.. by this year MAY.. we're all gonna get our six packers.. and maintain BW or increase..what do you all think? up for the challenge?

carlsuen said:
lol.. u share a similiar problem with us all who lift.. an ugly gut.. when ur upper body looks impressive and ur legs are muscular.. and then there's the guy.. yuck..

so let's make a deadline.. by this year MAY.. we're all gonna get our six packers.. and maintain BW or increase..what do you all think? up for the challenge?

I have the same issue,except mine is actual fat :worried: .Get abs whilst staying the same weight within 5months would be very difficult if not impossible for me to do,but I would be up for the challenge as I have been straying with my eating habits lately.Maybe june/july would be a more feasable time period.Maybe we should even try to post pics or something :) .

nelmsjer said:
Finally, I have a question again. I have a "power gut". It drives me nuts, and I've had it almost my entire life. I think I got it from working out on the farm. All I know is that I am tired of people mentioning that I'm adding weight to my stomach (which I technically am), but I don't have a ton of fat over my abs. It's the freaking shape of my stomach. I have been trying to consciously hold it in when I sit and stand and walk around, hoping my transverse will kick in and possibly fix it. If anyone has ANY ideas on how to work on this, please let me know.

Thanks!

I do stomach vaccums.

You exhale all air out of your lungs and suck in your stomach for as long as possible. Use short shallow breaths.

You can do it standing. I tend to do it in the shower and on an empty stomach. Generally about three sets only.

This works your TA. Which is responsible for the tight stomach. Acts like a corset. TA does not get activated during other ab exercises.

With multiple squat sessions and always having lots of food in you this I find is the best way to attack the problem.

Its boring to do and often I forget , but it works. Over time when relaxed your stomach keeps a lot tighter.

try it for a month daily see what it does for you.

Numani, you've nailed it on the head. It's not a "fat" issue. It's a transverse abdominus issue that I have had forever. There is a picture of me in high school where I am probably roughly 7% bodyfat - veins, complete 6-pack, a few striations. Well, we are just standing around talking with our shirts off, and my stomach is freaking sticking out. Looks like a freaking GH gut, and it's ridiculous!

I'll start the stomach vacuum trick, along with keeping it sucked in as much as I can remember, and hopefully this will get fixed. Have you noticed a literal visible difference?

nelmsjer said:
Numani, you've nailed it on the head. It's not a "fat" issue. It's a transverse abdominus issue that I have had forever. There is a picture of me in high school where I am probably roughly 7% bodyfat - veins, complete 6-pack, a few striations. Well, we are just standing around talking with our shirts off, and my stomach is freaking sticking out. Looks like a freaking GH gut, and it's ridiculous!

I'll start the stomach vacuum trick, along with keeping it sucked in as much as I can remember, and hopefully this will get fixed. Have you noticed a literal visible difference?

I have seen a visual difference. Thats why I say do it for a month and Im sure you will see the difference.

Sunday's Calories

Calories: 3443
Fat (g): 143
Carbs (g): 276
Protein (g): 273

Workout day today! I'll update later.

Top Bottom