Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Nelmsjer's 2006 Journal

Guinness5.0 said:
I got my ass handed to me w/ 95 pounds - couldn't keep the bar back enough and it just kinda toppled forward into the safety bars. A little self-PWNAGE never hurt anyone :p

EDIT: but I like a challenge. I can hold 265 locked out overhead no problem, so I'm gonna specifically work on OH squats when i warm up from now on. We'll see what happens....

Good idea...just start doing them with the bar before every workout, everyday. You'll pick up the form in no time! And then you can come here and make us all feel weak again. LOL!

Well, my body is not impressed with my decision-making ability, whatsoever. Let's recap yesterday's lack of brain usage:

1) I'm 24 lbs. heavier than I was the last time I did "sprint-like" activities. Today, my ankles, hips, lower back, and the general overall dull ache I am experiencing are all congratulating me on my stupidity.

2) My calories for yesterday were just over 2000. Why? Because, after 5 different experiments, I still wanted to try and get a post workout shake in, even though I have wanted to hurl after the last 10. On a positive note, the ginger root helped. I didn't want to throw up. BUT...I still felt like crap and it totally destroyed my appetite the rest of the day.

Lessons Learned:

1) Maintain a once per week sprint workout on an off day while bulking, in order to keep the tendons, ligaments, joints, and muscles accustomed to the forces generated and flexibility needed.

2) Find someone that would like to purchase some quality whey protein. :) LOL!

3) Go to Protein Factory and get 2 lbs. of some other type of protein to try.

Oh well...live and learn. :)

Congrats on having learned from your experiences. ;)

Have you tried straight egg-white? It reputedly has the highest bio-availability rating of any food.

Last I checked, Blut, whey had the highest BAV of any protein powder out there. I know that's out of the question for him though, and egg would be a good choice. :)

Nelm, I wouldn't sprint on off days if it's right between training days (i.e., don't sprint Tuesday or Thursday when you lift Monday, Wednesday, and Friday). Hormonally, training two heavy days in a row (and yes, sprints should be seen as a workout, AND HEAVY) will fuck you up. Honestly, I'd drop a squatting session (say, Wednesday or Friday squats) and sprint in place of squats on that day. Sprinting (not even all out, mind you) will give your lower body plenty of work, and if you're sprinting for transfer over to sport or anything, it'll do you much greater service than squatting that extra day will.

Here's a good article to help organize training, if you ever need it:

http://www.higher-faster-sports.com/highlow.html

Just to chime in, I'm using ON Whey and some powdered skim milk for my protein supplements. And some Muscle Milk w/oatmeal for a high cal shake here and there.

I tried some liquid egg whites and liked it but not quite as convenient since it took up a lot of space in the fridge and I had to use a lot (26g = 1 cup) to get up to the amount I wanted.

Re: ginger root, I take it for nausea, like when I get car sick or when I'm playing certain video games lol

nelmsjer said:
CRAP. I've been called out. Why did you have to ask while I'm bulking?

I'll have some up soon...
*AHEM* I'm a chick and I post mine every 10 days of so ... AFTER my bulk ...

No EXCUSES!!! :velvett: :velvett: :velvett: :velvett: :velvett: :velvett:

Yesterday's workout went very well! All exercises were done with 5 reps.

Overhead squats: 100/120/140/160 - the stability factor on the 140 and 160 were awesome to experience. Love these, already.

Push Press: 115/125/135/145 - my weight were off on this one on my spreadsheet. I have to go back and fix them. Either way, the 145 actually felt better than the 135.

Deadlift: 215/260/305/348 - After the agony of the last workout program (10 sets of 4 at 365), this was a breeze!

We left the gym refreshed and not exhausted at all. Unfortunately, we didn't have time for pullups, so we may try and pick up the pace next week.

Wednesday's calories were low, again. Wow, I'm hungry today, though!

Total: 2257
Fat: 81
Carbs: 193
Protein: 181

nelmsjer said:
Deadlift: 215/260/305/348 - After the agony of the last workout program (10 sets of 4 at 365), this was a breeze!

Impressive. I did 365 x 5 x 5 today and was pretty tired. Don't think I could've done 10 x 4.

And now for the moment absolutely NONE of us have been waiting for:

It's time to reveal the current state of fatness. You can see why I'm getting uncomfortable...

On a positive note, this will make my after pics look great, right? (So the theory goes...)

Here is a particularly appealing picture of my right trapezius muscle. Notice the fluid lines and graceful, yet powerful, angles. Note the way it rises majestically off of my clavicle and sweeps movingly into my neck.

Truly a site to behold.

Do not underestimate the sneakiness...

Top Bottom