Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

negatives?

dullboy

do negatives work or is it a waste of time???

dullboy hasn't done negatives in a long time but all last week i did all negatives on all my presses because i had a good spoter for once.

i was plateauing at 315 bench (2r - and the second one was sloppy), so i decided to plate up 365 and control the weight on the way down with assisted lifts. same with all the dumbell presses.

anyway before i bore you to death - i am the sorest i've been since I started up again so i know i ripped the crap out of the muscle. waiting to heal and then see if it affected my max on these exercises.

btw - is this the right form? lol please fix if not. ty.

probably belongs in the training forum, but negatives can be very effective when used sparingly

they tend to produce an amount of muscular soreness that does not correlate with growth, IMHO.

also real easy to jack yourself on negatives. I steer clear, but my joints aren't in the best condition. g/l.

an alternate way to do them is to do a full set of, say 275 x 8 or whatever you can do, then take a brief (10 second) rest, where you are still tired, put 315 on, and do 2-3 negatives that way. You're fatigued from the earlier set, so you can safely consider yourself "warmed up"

Big Cracker thinks he will answer this post in 1st person. Like anything else, muscle confusion is an excellent way to train. Big Cracker never does the same workout twice. He varies exercises, # of sets, # of reps, and tries to include as much intensity increasing training methods as energy/recovery/spotter allows(rest/pause, isometrics, negatives, drop sets, partials, forced reps, cheats, pre exhaustion, supersets, giant sets, chronic masturbation between sets, etc. ). For years Big Cracker has seen a multitude of gym pencilnecks that fashion the same workout day after day, year after year, and guess what??? They still look the same as they did or worse. Why? Because the human body is quite adaptive in nature. Some guy's workouts are so predictable Big Cracker can map out their entire workout's weights, reps, and sets for them. Big Cracker thinks the body responds well to change and is a strong supporter of using diverse training methods on a regular basis. Eating a lot of pussy won't hurt either as long as there's no open sores.

Big Cracker might want to read up again on the definition of 1st and 3rd person. ;)

agreed with the "rest/pause" and "Eating a lot of pussy" and especially "as long as there's no open sores"

kethnaab said:
Big Cracker might want to read up again on the definition of 1st and 3rd person. ;)

agreed with the "rest/pause" and "Eating a lot of pussy" and especially "as long as there's no open sores"

Thats some funny ass shit guy!!!

I rarely, rarely do negatives...Like Cracker said I often mix things up, but my joints are too sensitive too make negatives worth it for me imo.

tzan said:
Thats some funny ass shit guy!!!

I rarely, rarely do negatives...Like Cracker said I often mix things up, but my joints are too sensitive too make negatives worth it for me imo.

LOL, funny stuff B.C.

I completly agree with B.C.'s training as well. I have never done the same workout twice... and I frown upon people that think they don't get sore anymore if a good thing (depending on goals of course). I love the soreness in the morning after a good workout the night before. It let's me know I did something right in the course of my workout, and usually because of some kinda of negative included in my training... of course spotters, yes, are a huge plus for big negatives.... ok, I think i'm rambling so... Yeah, Negatives good. :)

- SGT

Negatives can be very productive if done properly. You should do negatives AFTER your full range of motion sets. You continue the set past failure by doing the negatives. When you can't do anymore reps on your own, you have your training partner help you lift the bar up or down (in the case of pulldowns etc), then you control the negative on your own. Once you can't control the negative on your own, it's time to terminate the set. This is the way Mentzer, Yates, Coe, Viator would do it.

As a side note, soreness has been proven to have nothing to do with growth. It really means jack shit. It's a nice feeling sometimes making you feel like you've done some hard work, but I wouldn't base a workout's value on soreness. As long as you are increasing the weights each workout (or reps) that's all that really matters.

I think it is more of the changing of the routine versus the actual lift...your body will always become accustomed to thing after a given time...even if they still work and will put on mass.

kethnaab said:
"

bigcracker makes a clear point that dullboy's cloying posts talking about himself in third person are not interesting or entertaining.

Top Bottom