Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

negative type of training good?

theywere100

I am a newb to weight training and am learning as i go.. i've figured out something you guys called negatives where you train up to a weight then go back down. is that even what it is called or is it called a drop set? anyway what do you all think about doing these? they seem to make me burn and sweat hard, i like em.

One thing I like to do is just pay attention that the negative part of the rep takes roughly 3x longer than the actual movement. For example, when you bench press, press the weight up for 1 second but let it come down slowly over 3 seconds.

Drop sets are as mobster described. Negatives are generally holding the contraction through the concentric and eccentricit parts of the movement.

I am a newb to weight training and am learning as i go.. i've figured out something you guys called negatives where you train up to a weight then go back down. is that even what it is called or is it called a drop set? anyway what do you all think about doing these? they seem to make me burn and sweat hard, i like em.
That sounds more like pyramiding to me

Top Bottom