Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

need some side biceps workout advice

Tom0004

what movement or work out routine do you guys recommend the most effective to target side biceps, for some reason that part in particular is not developing as I want, I have long biceps I don't know if that could be the reason why it's harder to develop my side biceps.
Biceps is usually the last work out I do , after back and chest, could that be also affecting my strength, being the last routine I do and not putting enough intensity on it because I'm already tired?

Sadly, genetics determine the shape and insertion of your muscles. You can make the muscles bigger by proper weight training but you can't change the shape of your muscles. That's genetics.

Someone who is 5'0 can't do anything to make his legs longer. He can make his legs bigger and more muscular, but the shape and structure of the legs are determined by his genetics.

The only thing you can really do is increase your bicep size. Developing larger biceps will make the tendons larger and fill out your arms. Your arms will look wider and fuller.

There are two bicep heads in your bicep. The long bicep head is the outer bicep head and the short bicep head is the inner bicep head (the head that is closest to your chest). Both biceps heads are used to contract the biceps whenever you do a bicep exercise but you can prioritize which bicep head does the majority of the work by changing your grip width.

A wide grip (wider then shoulder width) prioritizes the inner (short) bicep heap.
A narrow grip (narrower then shoulder width) privatizes the outer (long) bicep head.

Try training biceps twice per week. Add in 2-3 exercises for biceps after your back workout and then later in the week perform an arm workout where you superset biceps and triceps.

musky is correct. genetics can't be changed

but it doesn't mean you still can't work on improvements. i recommend weighted pullups, something I RARELY see guys do in gyms. you see too many curling beta's in front of the mirror, but never guys doing weighted pullups

I would do a lot of narrow or close grip curls. Go heavy too but keep form proper. If you cheat you will just be taking away from the biceps. Pullups are also a great exercise.

The side of the biceps that you are referring I assume is the outer part of the arm, which is brachialis.

You can target it more by doing hammer curls. Dumbbell hammer curls, hammer barbell curls or hammer curls with a rope with a cable. Incorporate it in your bicep workout and it should help with that part of the muscle a bit.

Top Bottom