Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Need some help on becoming a personal trainer

infatuated9

Im new here, bare with me!! I am looking to become a personal trainer and need some help. I am starting a course tomorrow but I have already applied for a job that gives the training through the company as well. I need to come prepared with some-what of an idea but don't know where to start.

I was given a client profile and am looking for some help with it.

I have to come prepared with a 60-minute workout for a client. I need the exercise movements, sets, repts, tempo and rest time outlined and need to be ready to demonstrate 4-5 exercises.

I need to be ready to discuss my lonhg term intentions and how I would incorporate the following factors into their results:

-Nutrition
-Lifestyle
-Cardiovascular conditions

Client Profile
Vivian is a 64 year old retired nurse. She is new to the gym and is looking to gain strength and energy to keep up with her 2 grandkids. She is new to the gym but has been walking 45 minutes a day consistently for a year. She suffers from osteo-arthritis in both hips. Her current fat is 32%. She is very excited for her trip in 6 months and wants to look her best.

Any help with this would be great, like I said I haven't been trained yet so don't know where to begin! Please help!!

Hey, I'm new here to. I jus finished my 9 week on line course with NASM, but have not took final exam. I feel I didn't learn enough to pass. I've been lifting, dieting, powerlifting for 20+ yrs. i know how to train me but someone ederly or problems i dont. Best of luck to you, I'm looking into going somewhere to train and get knowledge from someone who has pt for sometime now. This is very frustrating.

Here is some info to read before your big day

http://www.livestrong.com/article/432758-the-best-exercise-routine-at-the-gym-for-women-over-50/

http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/best_over_60_workout.htm

Everything I have learned is 50 and over they should perform 2 body work outs a week on non consecutive days, older clients respond better to higher reps from body weight to very light weight (1-5lbs) stick to core exercises that will help maintain there balance as they get older I can't really speak as hip arthritis can limit her workouts however you can do upper body one day and lower the following, possibly lunges? If they feel comfortable leg press once again if the feel comfortable wall squats, you get the point lol good luck man

That's great!!! Personal trainer is a great profession. You need to carry out full research regarding workouts and diets to advice other people about it. A small mistake can destroy your career so be careful. Regarding the old lady problem. You can tell her some small workouts that can increase her stamina.

Top Bottom