Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Need some advice to bring up my upper inner pecs, please help..........

gsxr1000

Hey bros, so anyway, yeahm most of the rest of my chest is pretty well filling in, but the upper inner area of my pecs seems to be lagging behind a bit. Which exercises target this area specifically? Thanks.

I've got the exact same prob bro. Recently I have incorporated some close grip incline barbell presses and have notice some change.

Greco

Start with low incline (25-35 degrees) dumbellpresses! 3 sets INTENS...
7 reps + 2 assisted forced reps = 9 reps
5 reps + 2 assisted forced reps = 7 reps
5 reps + triple drop set

...do your regular benchpressing thang...

Finish your workout with supersets of upward cable scoops with wide stance pushups

Well ya can't grow inner over outer, but you can definitely focus on the clavicular pec major (what endpoint posted). Make some form of incline press your main chest exercise.

-casualbb

My point:

Most guys who make a post like this bench 100-200 lbs. They don't have a big chest overall. Usually if you get to over a 300 lb bench it will fill out a lot more.

Originally posted by Debaser
My point:

Most guys who make a post like this bench 100-200 lbs. They don't have a big chest overall. Usually if you get to over a 300 lb bench it will fill out a lot more.

Is this a joke? I know guys that bench much more then I do and I still have better chest development. And you can have a "big chest overall" and still have weak points within it. I wish there was some magical number like 300lb where BAM! that chest just fills in lol. Im sorry man but I havent really found from experience a huge correlation between what someone benches and the size of their chest.
Im guessing that his inner area is more an issue of bodyfat then anything else. It seems that when people have issues with this area of the chest, they are most likely still holding on to some fat there which makes it look like it is lagging. Since I have started dieting my chest (which has always been a strong point) has looked bigger and more defined then it has in a while.

Last edited:
Why so many post like this... "how can I fill out my inner pecs/ outer pecs/ lower pecs"? Think about this... if someone were to say on this board:
Muscle shape is NOT genetic.
You can alter the shape of a muscle through training.
...or other such statements, wouldn't they be rediculed and laughed at by anyone who has any knowledge of biology? Yet why do we persist in answering these questions? Either muscle shape is genetic or it isn't. If it is, then you cannot force part of a muscle to develop faster than another, nor can you isolate certain parts of a muscle by changing the grip or angle of a lift. If that is the case, then all you can do is continue to overload that muscle, and all portions of it should grow at a similar rate. It could be that the inner insertions in the pecs are much smaller in thinckness than the meaty part of the muscle, so while a 100% increase in overall pec mass might account 2 extra inches of thickness on the thicker part of the muscle, a 100% incease on this person's inner chest, because it was 1/5th of the thickness of ther belly of the muscle to begin with, so the depth of this part of the muscle has increased by less than 1/2". Or perhaps he is missing that deep cut down the middle that he associates with inner chest development, but it is only body fat or extra subcontanious water that is obscuring it. My advice, continue to develop your chest and clean your diet up a bit, and achieve what you desire. Just my 2 cc's...

I thought that we have covered the fact that you can isolate different parts of the muscle, but not anything like individual fibers. :confused: I argued bodyfat from the start once I heard the "inner chest" problem. Im not quite sure I follow what you are saying Body seems like it was a lot of open ended questions. Care to clarify a little?

Top Bottom