Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Need routine help!! PLEASE

Yes!! I thought I was the only one to see the absence of leg work in this program...also lose the isolation stuff as Dave949 said...

The two things I wish I had done when I first started lifting was squats and deadlifts...also I focused WAY too much on stupid cable and isolation exercises that aren't needed.

The compound lifts are where it's at...if you are eating correctly you will be amazed at the amount of mass you are able to put on....

PM me anytime if you have any questions

Thanks for the info man!
But I gotta ask, what is a big daddy lift? I can do squats at home, and perhaps deadlifts too i think, i'll read more up on the exact form.

So you suggest loosing the isolation exercises? (concentration curls, 1 arm extensions.) Obviously that would free up alot of time in my routine to mess around and play with; but if i'm taking away those exercises, shouldn't i replace them with something else?

Or are you suggesting that all I need todo is essentially:
Chest - DB press, Incline DB press
Bicepts - DB curls, preacher curl
Shoulders - Shoulder Press, Upright row
Tricepts - Skull crushers

Is there any cycle that you'd recommend inorder to workout my legs and back. (order of days? or what exercises I should be doing? number of reps per exercise?)

Thanks for everything!
Ryan

RGS83 said:
But I gotta ask, what is a big daddy lift?

Big Daddy Lifts: Squats, Deadlifts, Bench presses, Power cleans, Clean and press/jerk, Bent over rows. Although I don`t consider Dips and Chins to be a true Big Daddy lift....they definetly run a very close second and should be mentioned as well.

Pump on .....

Last edited:
Unfortunatly, I've no room for that in my place!!

Is it still possible to effectivly and SAFELY workout my legs and back without a spotter at home with free weights??

I'm thinking I can workout my back with my Biscepts... as it was suggested that I loose some of my bicept exercises.

Aswell I was thinking of doing my legs with my Tris....

RGS83 said:
Is it still possible to effectivly and SAFELY workout my legs and back without a spotter at home with free weights?? I'm thinking I can workout my back with my Biscepts... as it was suggested that I loose some of my bicept exercises. Aswell I was thinking of doing my legs with my Tris....
Absolutely you can effectively and safely work the legs and back without a spotter.

As far as doing back with bi`s...and tri`s with legs....yeah....that`ll work.

But lemme make a suggestion..... consider doing bi`s and tri`s with legs.
My logic being they are both small bodyparts and would fit in nicely with legs
AND your arms are getting hit twice a week. Once directly after doing your legs and they will get hit again indirectly when you do chest/shoulder and back work. If your gonna hit em hard....and you should....IMHO....You don`t need to do more than 3 - 5 sets each for your bi`s or tri`s.

OR you can do shoulders with your legs and move the direct arm work with your back and chest work. Like bi`s with your chest and tri`s with your back.

Nothing is written in stone. Try different combos and I guarantee you will find what works best for you.

Pump on .....

Last edited:
I'm thinking I may make a trip to my gym once a cycle to work my back and legs in the same day... I hate going to the gym, i prefer at home. But I find it hard to do a safe and efficient workout for those groups without the machines.

Anyways - I was hoping someone could enlighten me as to what muscle group(s) I should be working, and on which days - bearing in mind my goals and time constraints (working full time in the summer, 2 days of the week i work a second job making it even harder)... during the rest of the year i'm in school, so not such a big deal, just have to workout around it.
But anyways, I'm told i shouldn't really need to be in a gym for anymore than 1 hour per workout - after that it's not intense, which is fine. i can dedicate about 1 hour a day, sometimes more if i'm going to run.

But can someone please help me as to when and how I should organize it.
Bear in mind; following a setup like in my first post on this thread, my workout take about an hour... I'll cut or add too it - I hate working out if it's not going to produce!!! (ie. i don't want to do some very small centralized exercize that will only tone or work some miniscule muscle when I think it's really going to help me)

Thanks for the imput!!
Ryan

Last edited:
RGS83 said:
Anyways - I was hoping someone could enlighten me as to what muscle group(s) I should be working, and on which days - bearing in mind my goals and time constraints (working full time in the summer, 2 days of the week i work a second job making it even harder)... during the rest of the year i'm in school, so not such a big deal, just have to workout around it.
But anyways, I'm told i shouldn't really need to be in a gym for anymore than 1 hour per workout - after that it's not intense, which is fine. i can dedicate about 1 hour a day, sometimes more if i'm going to run.

But can someone please help me as to when and how I should organize it.
Bear in mind; following a setup like in my first post on this thread, my workout take about an hour... I'll cut or add too it - I hate working out if it's not going to produce!!! (ie. i don't want to do some very small centralized exercize that will only tone or work some miniscule muscle when I think it's really going to help me)

Thanks for the imput!!
Ryan

ZXE003 said:
3) I peronally like to give each group it's own day (but then I go with a 5/2 split). If you are still planning to train 4 days at a time (which is what I was doing previously), you may want to try: Day 1 Chest/Tri's, Day 2 Back/Bi's, Day 3 Delts/Traps, Day 4 Legs. On days 1 and 2, you should definitely do each in that order (chest then tri's and back then bi's) so that you don't drain your supporting muscles for the compound lifts you would do for chest and back.

HAH!
I getcha zxe003 - but can you add to it.

What I'm really asking for is if i stick with that program that i'm doing or the similar one you recommended... what exercises should I be doing for each muscle group to maximize my gain and time working out.
Not only to max my time, but I also ask this because as it stands now, doing my routine takes anywhere from 45 min - 1hour... and thats only 1 muscle group a day, therefore, what and how should i organize myself to workout 2 muscle groups in 1 day and keep it within an hour??

Also, why do people recommend working out the legs so much?? Other than lower bod strength and stability, and obviously over all apperance, is there something I'm missing or not understanding about working out my legs??

Thanks man, you've been a help!

YES....there is something you are missing and not understanding. Lemme try to briefly explain. Your legs are half of your total body mass....meaning...half your body is your legs and glutes. When you work your legs with a compound exercise (squats) you are working half of your entire body with one single exercise. This has a PROFOUND effect not only on your legs but your ENTIRE BODY. It is called a systemic effect. When you squat hard it taxes everything and sends messages throughout your entire body to adapt to this demand and GROW...... by releasing testosterone, growth hormones, endorphins, neural function increases, enzymes, etc. Last and far from least your upper body also has to meet the demand of you shouldering ever increasing heavier poundages as your squat poundages goes up. And how does your upper body meet this demand ? IT GROWS. Its get your core, your stabilizers, your everything. If you want to get bigger, if you want to get stronger you must work your legs hard with a compound movement just as you must use com[pound movements for your upper body. Trust me on this one bro.

One day when you get a little experience under your belt we will introduce you
to super squats...............you ain`t seen nothing yet !!!

Pump on .....

Top Bottom