Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Need a pullup routine please.

Coldshot

I've been doing rows and deads on back day for a few months now and i'm eager to add in some pull ups.

My plan is to alternate between rows and pulls while keeping deads a constant staple.

Would appreciate if you guys can help me out with a pull-up program. Need some width to my back.

Thanks

Honestly, i have noticed significant growth since i've started this little routine. Just by doing the 50 pullups(changing the hand placement), and a protein rich diet, you can generate some good lat development.

The most noticable improvement that i've noticed is the number of pullups i can do in one set. When i started, 8-10 was a good set, now i regularly do over 20. Doing my 50 used to take 7-8 sets, while i can usually finish in 4 (w/ 1 - 1.5 minute rests inbetween sets).

pullups should be a staple of every single back workout. if you're doing deads and heavy rows on your back day, i would advise staying away from a 50 pullup routine. that's going to not only take forever, but you'll drain your energy for other exercises fairly quickly.

keep it simple and do whatever you can to get 3 sets of 10, 8, and 6. if that means doing weighted pullups because just your body weight will result in more than 10 on your first set, grab a 15 or 20lb dumbell and hold it between your legs while you do them.

i'm doing 5x5 right now, and here's what back day looks like for me:

5x5 - weighted pullups
2x10,8 - close grip lat pull downs
5x5 - bb rows
2x10,8 - t-bar rows
then about 4 sets for biceps

good luck.

Top Bottom