Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Need Personal training software

I just went through all of this not to long ago. So many software out there are loaded with extras that trainers just don't need. I have a Wellness Co. and many facites to it so I may have different needs than you but I use MindBody as my software of choice. It is inexpensive, looks great, has a good interface. Not a lot of fluff but enough that you can manipulate for your specific use . If you don't want to go through the mess of something like this you may want to look more into QuickBooks - someone told me recently that you can use it for things like that.

Appointment Scheduling Software | Online Scheduling Program

I just went through all of this not to long ago. So many software out there are loaded with extras that trainers just don't need. I have a Wellness Co. and many facites to it so I may have different needs than you but I use MindBody as my software of choice. It is inexpensive, looks great, has a good interface. Not a lot of fluff but enough that you can manipulate for your specific use . If you don't want to go through the mess of something like this you may want to look more into QuickBooks - someone told me recently that you can use it for things like that.

Appointment Scheduling Software | Online Scheduling Program

Thanks for the info. I will check into it. I just need to do some small things, everything i looked at was for a full gym setup.

does mindbody have a monthly fee? or is it a one time buy?

Last edited:
Setup and Monthly fee depending on how many locations and clients ($65 a month will get you what you need). The setup may not be worth it to you. I would look into QuickBooks if I were you - you can't process payments online but you may not even need that. I'm pretty sure you can set something up to add clients and billing cycles. OR, get a programmer to create something simple for you for a one time fee.

Setup and Monthly fee depending on how many locations and clients ($65 a month will get you what you need). The setup may not be worth it to you. I would look into QuickBooks if I were you - you can't process payments online but you may not even need that. I'm pretty sure you can set something up to add clients and billing cycles. OR, get a programmer to create something simple for you for a one time fee.

Yea, for now that sounds more like what I need. Thanks for the info

I just downloaded quickbooks 2009 free edition. I need to play around with it, but it look like just what I need.

Last edited:
Another quick question I just thought of, If I do take online payments say via paypal. What about Taxes. I still work under a gym, would I have to file two diferent tax forms? How does that work?

paypal for online payment

paypal sucks. we sell a lot on ebay so we are kind of stuck with them but their business and merchant accounts both suck. avoid them like a plague.

Not sure what state you are in but more than likely your services (assuming personal training) are not taxed. You will however have to pay income taxes on your income, as with any money you make. If you are selling products, whatever merchant account you use will calculate them for you based on the state. You then have to pay taxes quarterly on your sales. I assume you have a business license... if not, get one before you start to do anything. Not only is it the law but more importantly it protects you. Otherwise, YOU are liable.

I've never used paypal but there are lots of merchant accounts that you can use. Amazon has one and there are tons of others.

Top Bottom