Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Need a new workout routine -- please help!!!!

DeathB4Dishonor

My current work out routine is like this:

Day 1 - Biceps/Triceps/Forearms
Day 2 - Chest
Day 3 - Back/traps
Day 4 - Shoulders
Day 5 - off
Day 6 - Legs/squats/deadlifts
Day 7 - off

then Repeat. I just started a new eq/var cycle, and i want to get the best out of it. feel free to change it around however you like, im open to all suggestions. I wanna try to hit my arms and chest twice a week if its possible at all. And i can go 6 days a week, instead of 5. since im young and on cycle so my body is recovering really fast and im always ready to work out. help me out fellas.
thanks.

try this you wont be disappointed

chest/back
shoulders/arms
legs
chest/back
shoulders/arms
legs

want the exercises?, this was arnolds spilt and for a month or two it will completely change you

Have you ever worked the same muscle group twice in a week? I used to work every group (except for legs) 2/wk and had very good results. Now I'm on a schedule similar to the one you posted only to see if I'll get better results. I'd suggest trying your arms and chest 2/wk and see how your body reacts.

Workout 1 - Back

Bent over rows( underhand grip - Yates style ) x 5 sets
Chin ups or lat-pull downs x 4 sets
Barbell shrugs x 3 sets
Biceps x 8 or 10 sets various exercises

Workout 2 - Chest

Incline barbell bench x 4 sets - can't flat bench right now(shoulder)
Dumbell flat bench x 4 sets
An isolation movement( cable flys, pec deck, whatever )
Triceps x 8 or 10 sets various movements

Workout 3 - Legs
Squat x 3 sets
Sumo deadlift x 3 sets
Leg press or box squat x 3 or 4 sets
Hams x 3 or 4 sets - Glute ham raises, leg curls, stiff leg dead

Workout 4 - Shoulders
Military press x 4 sets
Power cleans x 4 sets
Lateral raises x 3 sets
8 sets of arms( bi's maybe tri's - maybe bi's and tri's )

HighIntensity said:

chest/back
shoulders/arms
legs
chest/back
shoulders/arms
legs

want the exercises?, this was arnolds spilt and for a month or two it will completely change you

ya, can you please post the exercises?? that would be really helpful, i just want to compare them to what i do now. and to answer your question creep, yes i have tried twice a week workouts for everything except legs. it was pretty good, but i wasnt getting enough rest. I want to go back to the same thing but with a carefully planned schedule so my body gets enough time to recover.

i see a couple of you are following your tri workouts with chest, or vice a versa. i find that in either chest or arm day, my triceps get unbelievably sore, and need a few days rest. heres my split:

chest
legs
shoulders
arms
back
off
off

trying this for a while after having an off day right in the middle. i REALLY love the two consecutive rest days, even though theyre spent icing my aching back.

Tried and true

this isn't any "Ironman magazine" 2 set per bodypart routine. It works but it hurts.

You're going to work delts and tri's to some degree when you work chest anyway so why not just blow them all out on one day?
So:
Day 1
Chest
delts
triceps

Day 2 (same reasoning)
biceps (working bis first, you won't be able to use them to cheat on back movements)
back (get ready to use less weight )

Day 3
legs

Day 4
OFF

repeat

Or do all three sessions again and take two days off.

Not only will you grow but endurance will skyrocket.
IMO, no bodypart needs 6 days to rest, and 1 minute is way to short to rest between sets if you go intense b/c your nervous system can't recuperate that quickly.

Last edited:
HighIntensity said:

chest/back
shoulders/arms
legs
chest/back
shoulders/arms
legs

Most AS users cannot handle this at all. HI overtrains like a mofo :mommakin:

NFG

Top Bottom