Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Need more glutes

I agree with everything said so far. That is, ATG squats, wide-stance squats, lunges (leaning forward)/reverse lunges, and sumo deadlifts will all build solid glutes.

However, a frequently ignored, but incredibly effective exercise for your glutes are barbell hip thrusts. They provide almost laser-like focus on your ass, and improving your hip "driving" motion will also contribute to a stronger deadlift.

Hello guys, what is glute? :) Sorry for the confusion

Fellow female?

Glute=booty!

I think mastering the back BB squat is super important, but not, IME the *best* glute builders.

I've seen the most improvement from glute bridges, hip thrusts, heavy goblet squats, cable kick backs and goodmornings. I went from a flat, non existent behind to a squat booty šŸ˜€
Many people have a hard time activating the glutes while squatting. There can be multiple reasons for this. Number one is form. If you've mastered form and still have issues it could also be from lack of mobility. I love Bret Contreras. He has a book called Strong Curves that is worth the read.

Of course, if you aren't eating in a calorie surplus you won't see much growth.

I think mastering the back BB squat is super important, but not, IME the *best* glute builders.

Many people have a hard time activating the glutes while squatting. There can be multiple reasons for this. .

One reason. They are doing narrow stance squats and its all quads.

Wide stance powerlifting squats are all hips and glutes. Also box squats.

Small tidbit of squat gospel:

Louie Simmons On Wide Stance Squatting.wmv - YouTube

Supersetting pistols and walking barbell front lunges hits them. Also GVT on ATG squats and deads will recruite them. Also using pre fatigue exercises to kill of your quads before squatting can also work.

Sent from my GT-N7105T using EliteFitness

All great advices, yet if you can't feel and don't contract your muscle you don't work it.

Learn to contract and feel while deadlifts for example.
Use a weight like 60% and while moving up shuffle your feet as hard as you can in the ground. Don't rest on the top (if you are not a power lifter) and squeeze your ass on the top like it owns you money and go 3-4 sec down. I am 100% sure you know feel your gluts and can start to develop

I watched a video on youtube of rich gaspari and flex lewis doing a glute workout. Both of them arw known for having shredded glutes

Sent from my GT-N7100 using EliteFitness

Top Bottom