Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Need major Help

halfaclue

Banned
I need help. I am doing a bodybuilding show in 14 weeks. My shoulders are OK, arms are good, calves are good. Back is getting there. My upper legs and my chest and traps suck. To make matters worse my lower back seems to get sore no matter what I do on leg day. I need some suggestions. Here is a look at normal training for each group.

Chest.
Flat bench, W/U 2 sets; 3 working sets consisting of 10 reps 7 reps 4 reps
Smith Inc Press (no partner) 3 working sets 8 reps 7-6 reps then 5-4 reps (Inc DB's make my shoulders hurt not fatigue "hurt" but something wrong "hurt")
Pec Dec 3 sets 6-8 reps
Cable Cross 3 sets 6-8

Legs
Was doing 1 W/U set then 3 heavy sets on the leg sled (leg Press) 7-5 reps
Recently switched to squats, same set up....lower back wasn't doing well so switched to Smith Machine Squats to help with form....little better but still pain
3 sets Leg curls 10-8-6
3 sets Leg Ext 10-8-6
4 sets calves raise 10-8-6-5

Traps 3 sets Hammer Strength inside grip
2 sets hammer outside grip
2 sets DB shrugs with 5 sec hold on each rep.

Critique away as I need some major changes in a short period of time.

well, chest day has way too much fluff in it...

Chest.
Flat bench, W/U 2 sets; 3 working sets consisting of 10 reps 7 reps 4 reps
Smith Inc Press (no partner) 3 working sets 8 reps 7-6 reps then 5-4 reps (Inc DB's make my shoulders hurt not fatigue "hurt" but something wrong "hurt")
Pec Dec 3 sets 6-8 reps
Cable Cross 3 sets 6-8

Take out the pec dec, take out the cable crossovers...these wont really help you build any mass. And if Incline DB's hurt your shoulders, make your shoulders stronger to cope. Smith Machine inclines arent going to help that much either because of the fixed, unatural path they keep you in...the flat bench is okay, but make sure youre going heavy. Maybe put in Incline Barbells instead of Smith Inc Press...these to me, work the chest better than flat bench. Finish off with a heavy fly maybe..

So try something like:

Flat Bench W/U's, then 2-3 Work Sets
Incline Barbells/Dumbells - 2-3 Work Sets
Heavy Flies - 2 Work Sets

your sets and reps is good, but here is my recomondation.

chest:
incline press first
then db flat( i know you said db incline hurt so how about these?)
then incline fly db fly
1 set of cable cross over only (just as an afterburner)

legs
ditch the smith machine squats ( i hate them)
leg press first.
then sissy squats ( i know you make think this is crazy but they really work)
leg ext
st leg dead
leg curl
and finnish with lunges.( thats a lot but just keep sets under 3 on everything.)

traps.
powerclean
db shrug
upright row.

i hope that helps.....these exercises are helping me a lot.

X

to get your laggin parts up there I would suggest a different scheme altogether.

Chest
Incline bench, then flat DB, lying cable flyes

Traps
Db shrugs, lockout deads, barbell shrugs

legs
ditch the heeavy weight and do more reps on squats. then go to SLDL
here's the kicker superset leg ext and hamstring curls 3x each
then do calves and then superset leg ext and ham curls again for 2 sets, if you don't puke or passout consider yourself lucky

if your low back hurts after leg day you may not be doing the exercises with proper form (maybe sacrificing weight for it?) As far as chest and traps sust is right. i use the same exercises except i throw in dips w/chest as well.

Top Bottom