Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

need help w/ triceps....

B

Big Buck

I want a horseshoe :) The back of my tri's are lagging...any good exercises to make them BLOW UP.

------------------
The difference between a successful person and others, is not a lack of strength, not a lack of knowledge, but rather in a lack of will.
HAVE THE WILL

bOpjRm.gif

oh extensions keep your elbow pointed forward.

on arm cable pressdowns with stirrup handle. slow reps, strong contraction.

Try doing kickbacks at the end of your tri exercises, and train them on a separate day from other body parts. Also, try overhead tricep extensions with the EZ curl bar while sitting. Hope you grow!

The POF (Points of Flexion) method basically suggests you train a multi-joint muscle (i.e. the tricep) when it is placed on stretch at the non-moving articulation (shoulder joint), at a "mid-way position" so to speak, and from a position where it's not on stretch at all.

What the hell does this mean?

For triceps it means overhead extensions (the long head is at maximum stretch here), skull crushers (the midway), and finally, kickbacks or cable pushdowns (no tricep stretch at the shoulder).

Layman's Terms:

Do overheads, skulls, and pushdowns...you've covered all the bases from a training perspective this way. Two sets apiece is plenty if you're training with adequate intensity.

------------------
Backstage, '75 Olympia:

Serge Nubret, "I look like I can take you."

Arnold, "Keep looking."

[This message has been edited by GenetiKing (edited April 21, 2001).]

POF is a crock of shit.

You don't need to do 3 exercises to work a bodypart.

Do a few sets of skulls, go home, eat, sleep, grow.

Originally posted by Cackerot69:
POF is a crock of shit.

You don't need to do 3 exercises to work a bodypart.

Do a few sets of skulls, go home, eat, sleep, grow.

You're right. How could I be so fucking stupid?

I've only improved my triceps by leaps and bounds over the past couple years (drug free) by following a basic POF training outline for them.

Maybe a Mod should ban me from the site since I'm filling all these people on the training board full of shit.

------------------
Backstage, '75 Olympia:

Serge Nubret, "I look like I can take you."

Arnold, "Keep looking."

Hehe, Settle down Genetiking, i didn't mean to offend you.

Sure, your triceps have grown from using POF, i bet they would have grown the same amount, or even more if you just applied basic progressive overload on the basic tricep exercises.

Originally posted by Austin316:
What do you guys think about close grips or underhand benching?

compound movements. they have their merits. it just depends if it fits into your training. ie, your chest, shoulders etc arent sore or going to be trained the next day since the presses tend to work those areas as well.

i sometimes use close grips as a warm up for triceps. underhands are iffy for me, i only do them with a spotter(have only done them once honestly) but would use it for chest.

my top faves for a tough tri workout are:

warm up pressdowns (no v bar crap. straight or wide cambered bar)

skulls; elbows tight, i go to the top of my head and back up. it keeps my upper arm pointing up the whole movement.

overhead extensions with a rope (standing straight up from a low pulley. slow.

or

single arm with stirrup handle

thats it. the last exercise is 2 sets. the warmup is 3 as is the skulls.

Top Bottom