Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Need help with new traning splits

tzan

I'm in the process of changing up not only my exercises, but my splits as well. I've decided that I want to pair my muscles as follows:

chest/side+front delts
back/rear delts
legs/forearms
triceps/biceps

My only problem is I can't figure out what the best order would be to work it like this. These are the two I've come up with. tell me which one you guy's think is better, or if you have an entirely new order.

day1-chest/side+front delts
day2-off
day3-back/rear delts
day4-legs/forearms
day5-triceps/biceps
day6-off

My only concern is that my ticeps will still be sore come around chest day again. Should I switch day4 with day5. Then I'm concerned with my biceps still being sore from my back routine.
Any coments would be helpful
Thanks

maybe you should do this:

day1: chest, front/side delts
day2: back, rear delts
day3: off
day4: tri's, legz
day5: bi's, forearms, (whatever else you want....)
day6: off

I've used a similar split in the past. The way I did it was:

M: Chest/Delts
T: Back/Rear Delts/Traps
W: Off
Th: Biceps/Triceps
F: Legs

I also did the same split with Monday and Tuesday switched. I did this to bring my back up to par with my chest, which it did. I've found training 3-days a week, however, with a day off between each workout actually works better for me.

Thanks for the replies men. It's kind of funny, because I was also thinking of using both of your exact splits. The only reason I didn't was because isn't it a bad idea to train chest and back on consequtive days????If it's OK I defiantly would rather split it up to 2 on 1 off like you guys suggested, and it works out perfect for the amount of rest for my tri's and bi's.
Thanks

tzan said:
Thanks for the replies men. It's kind of funny, because I was also thinking of using both of your exact splits. The only reason I didn't was because isn't it a bad idea to train chest and back on consequtive days????If it's OK I defiantly would rather split it up to 2 on 1 off like you guys suggested, and it works out perfect for the amount of rest for my tri's and bi's.
Thanks
Well, as I said, I've found it better not to train on consecutive days period, but if you're gonna do it, chest and back done this way doesn't pose any special problems.

Alright, I think I'm going to go with the following routine:

day1-chest/front+side delts
day2-back/rear delts
day3-off
day4-biceps/triceps
day5-legs
day6-off

My only question is since my biceps are my weakest muscle and I really want to improve on it, would it be smarter to switch triceps to my leg day and do bi's alone or should I just keep them with tri's???
Thanks

if biceps are your priority, then do them first before tri's. It's perfectly fine to do them on the same day. Or you could use the routine I posted above :p

Top Bottom