Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Need help in improving my running.

C

Counterstrike

Its been a while and started jogging again 6 weeks ago. after 2 miles i'm done too tired and my timing sucks 10 minutes per mile somtimes 1100 :-( what should i do to improve the timing and distance? should i be doing sprints as well or just put more time in i usually only do 20 minutes

It takes time ...... the more aerobic exercise you do, the more frequent and larger the mitocondria in your type I and type IIB muscle fibers become. Since they are responsible for oxidative metabolism, the increased size and frequency will give you more endurance and a higher oxygen supply to you muscles to keep them going. 20 min. a day is fine just give it awhile

I've always done interval sprints to improve cardio endurance. The better your endurance / VO2 Max (oxygen intake), the better your times on long distance runs.

I run at full sprint for 10 seconds, fast walk for 50 seconds. I do this for 25 - 30 minutes a few times a week.

It's very hard at first, but you _will_ improve.

natasan is correct, I do the same. Full sprint for a minute to a minute and a half max then power walk for 3 mins. I do this for 20-30 mins. Then I ride the bike for 30 mins.

It takes a while to build up cardiovascular fitness.

Do you play the game Counterstrike?

##spiderbaby##

Start blood doping! J/J:)

First off let me know how much you're running a week, could be overtraining. Maybe started out doing too much right away. Could be a mental thing also. Are you running outside or on a treadmill? Alot of things to put into perspective first.

There something we do here, when we had an injury or were alway and our cardio is at minimum. Its the 200m track.

We do laps, 1/4 Sprint, 2/4 jog, 1/4 walk. Then you continue until
you reach your time.

Help many of us.

Top Bottom