Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Need help developing biceps.

Stubby2

My biceps dont seem to be responding like the rest of my body is. I need help... My Biceps excercieses are as follows:

3 sets 8 reps Preacher (dumbells) 10KG
3 sets 10 reps Alternate Curl 10KG
3 sets 10 reps Hammer Curl 10KG

Sometimes substitute preacher bench for preacher machine...

Alternate week by week altern and hammmer curls standing one week sitting the next. Not sure if this makes a difference but ive been desperate.

Everything else is coming along nicely just me 'ceps are not (or dont seem to be) gaining any mass...

Eating protein 1g per LEAN body lb taking creatine also...

Any help/advice will be excellent

STUBS

heya,

You caould leave them out of your routine for 1 week, see if that has any effect.

I'd also do cable curls, these are great because there is always tension on the biceps. I dont meen to be condescending(spelling ?) but ensure your form is correct.

I personally start palms in and as soon as i can turn the dbell palm up, this seems to pull on my bicep more.

H.

I would add barebell curls to your routine and drop one of your exercises. Do it first in your bicep routine and go heavy (I am assuming you are working arms on back day so they are already warmed up). Do one set of an easy 10 just to make sure then do 3 sets in the 4 to 8 range. Do any other 2 exercises like you've been doing. If you still aren't noticing anything after a while you might want to drop down to 2 exercises but only if your are doing biceps on back day since they get a pretty good workout with back.

You posted that you're doing 9 sets of 8-10 reps. My ? for you is: In terms of strength or mass gain, which rep is the most important? Is it the first rep or the last rep of set? Obviosly it is the last rep because it requires 100% intensity of effort. If you're honest with yourself, when you're doing an exercise do you stop at rep 10 even though you could probably push out a couple more on your first set? If you can do 10 reps on each set, you are not using enough weight. If you honestly push yourself by doing as many reps as you can, there is no way you could 3 sets of 10. Back to my question, if the last rep of a set is the most important in terms of strength and size and you're stoping at rep 10 when you could probably do 12-15 reps on your first set, you are cheating yourself. Also, you do not need 9 sets to grow. Doing that many sets will require more rest days before you see a gain. Not to mention you are also indirectly working your biceps on your back day.

well i am like you Stubby my bi's never seem to get bogger i do
dummbbles curls
alternate curls
preacher curls (each hand alone)
i lift 10 kgs each dummbbles.

my biceps are naturally big. they are massive and its nuts. I work them out only once a week and they still seem to be growing, ahhhh lol. yeah man 10KG doesn't seem that much, try doing heavier sets with less reps. i dunno if it will help but thats what i do.

Top Bottom