x
Almost there! Please complete this form and click the button below to gain instant access.
EliteFitness.com FREE Email Series: How You Can Use Winstrol, Masteron, HGH, and Testosterone for a Perfect, Muscular Physique!
- -
We hate SPAM and promise to keep your email address safe.
- -

need help with core workout

Welcome to the EliteFitness.com Bodybuilding Site! Please join this discussion about need help with core workout within the Weight Training & Weight Lifting category.

Excerpt: i need help with a core workout. been out of the gym for a year or so now because of a non related surgery. been lifting again for bout a month. need to kick my cores ass. looking for as much core work as i can. i dont know what is overkill, training core every other day? or 3 days a week is best? not sure what are the best workouts are and also every other week i work out of town so for one week if there is a workout i can do with only body weight. i bring pushup bars and a pullup bar with

Read more or register here to join the discussion below...

need help with core workout

i need help with a core workout. been out of the gym for a year or so now because of a non related surgery. been lifting again for bout a month. need to kick my cores ass. looking for as much core work as i can.

i dont know what is overkill, training core every other day? or 3 days a week is best? not sure what are the best workouts are and also every other week i work out of town so for one week if there is a workout i can do with only body weight. i bring pushup bars and a pullup bar with me and thats about all i got. my home week i am at the gym so i got everything.

thanks for the help

Re: need help with core workout

Quote Quote posted by CoBra666 View Post
    i need help with a core workout. been out of the gym for a year or so now because of a non related surgery. been lifting again for bout a month. need to kick my cores ass. looking for as much core work as i can.

i dont know what is overkill, training core every other day? or 3 days a week is best? not sure what are the best workouts are and also every other week i work out of town so for one week if there is a workout i can do with only body weight. i bring pushup bars and a pullup bar with me and thats about all i got. my home week i am at the gym so i got everything.

thanks for the help
    stick to the basics man, deadlift, rows, bench, squat, leg press, incline bench, military press. what kind of split are you looking for? upper/lower? 3 way? you could do upper lower 3 days a week, or the 3 way split mon/tues thurs/fri or something similar. you should ask rick o'shea about the bodyweight stuff, he's good at that shit

im just doing mid weight workouts right now. i was gonna start with just a basic 5x5 for a couple months, maybe till my second deload. but i was hoping to do core specific workouts as well. my lower back is quite week and well my core in general.

deadlifts for back as well as erector extentions. good ab work outs such as plank, mid and both side (on elbows, feet togeather). crunches on a ball. hold a medicine call in your hands, sit in sit up position and weave ball in figure 8 through legs. if you have 0 equiptment i would say just do crunches, planks, leg lifts, backwards sit ups and bird dogs(on all fours and extend opp. hand and opp leg hold for a sec and switch)
    prolly every other day is good. 3 times a week works well also, whever is best for you