Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

need help with bands

sausage

can someone give me some ideas of how to anchor my bands to the ground for bench pressing?This shit is driving me nuts every time i think i have it and i press to hard the bands come up and release the tension.

What are you using now?

Do you have a power rack?

i used to use a few very heavy dumbbells and that worked great. now i just use the base of a power rack.

hey man you can always use dumbells...or even plates if you rig it up right

Then db's are the way to go if you have them heavy enough. And if they aren't hex...use a small plate on either side to keep them from rolling.

how heavy of a dumbell should i use and were could i order a dumbell that heavy?Im guessing i would at least need a 150 lb dumbell

depends on whether you are benching or not. also you could just use 2 pairs of DBs if ya wanted, but they will increase the choke a bit

we would lay one down, put the band around it, then stack another BD crossways on it if it wasn't enough weight to hold it down
worked really well.

If the bench you're using has a piece low to the ground, tie the two bands together and pass them under the bench to attach to each side of the bar.

Top Bottom