Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

The need to go to failure ...

sk*

Anyone know who came up with the concept? Was it just an ego thing or based on some scientific evidence?

Just making this thread because muscles will adpot to the weight weather you go to failure or not. Are there any studies that show going to failure helps the muscles grow better?

I usually go to failure too, just curious.

-sk

I always go to failure... but there is a difference between failure and ABSOLUTE FAILURE. DC adherants go to absolute failure.

Powerlifters don't need to go to failure. Bodybuilders do.

sk* said:

Hmm, why do you say that? :confused:

-sk

I've seen many top powlifters who don't go to failure.

I worked out at Gold's Venice (the Mecca) for years. I never met a single top pro who didn't go to failure every set. I used to see them train every single day... day after day. The top guys ALL go to failure.

So what do I base it on - what I've eyeballed. (Also the fact that the bb'rs who say you don't need to go to failure usually look like crap on a stick.)

there any studies that show going to failure helps the muscles grow better?

Nope.

Was it just an ego thing or based on some scientific evidence?

Probably the former.

Failure training isn't necessary for growth. I'd go so far as to say it's not even desirable, as it cuts into recovery time.

-casual

casualbb said:
Failure training isn't necessary for growth. I'd go so far as to say it's not even desirable, as it cuts into recovery time.

-casual

When I started training, I didn't understand the concept of failure so I never did it. I grew like a weed, but you can probably say it was due to my "newbie powers." I might give a higher volume training without going to failure a shot and see how it goes.

-sk

SofaGeorge said:

Dead wrong. I defy anyone to show any real world top body that doesn't go to failure. The people who argue that you don't need to go to failure always look like shit.

powerlifters don't need to go to failure. Any bodybuilder that doesn't is an out of shape amature every time.

Well ronnie didn't really go to failure on a lot of lifts in his video ...

-sk

casualbb said:

Nope.

Probably the former.

-casual

Dead wrong. I defy anyone to show any real world top body that doesn't go to failure. The people who argue that you don't need to go to failure always look like shit.

powerlifters don't need to go to failure. Any bodybuilder that doesn't is an out of shape amature every time.

Top Bottom