Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Need feedback on this meal plan

Lee

I'm switching my diet from a bulking diet to a cutting diet, simply because I'm sick and tired of being chubby. Here's a meal plan I think would work but i need some feedback.

Meal 1:
3 whole eggs
2 slices toast with butter
1 Optimum protein shake in 2 cups 2% milk

Meal 2:
Optimum Protein shake in water
Piece of Fruit

Meal 3:
3 whole eggs
2 slices toast with butter
14 dried prunes

Meal 4 - post workout:
1 steak or porkchop
1 Optimum protein shake in 2 cups 2% milk
1 can of spinach or green beans

over the day i will drink about 1.5 gallons of water and i have a 5 day a week workout split with 4 days of planned cardio, but i will prolly do more cardio out of boredom.

personally my style would be to eat more meat, ditch the fruit and up the veges.... don't know about your total caloric intake under this versus maintence. If you are losing generally 1-2 lbs a week then you are fine though.

I am sorry bro but if your cutting that diet is pretty weak. Fruit, butter, porkchops? I think you need to rethink some things. Use the search for a few sample diets, figure out if you want to do CKD, zone, 40/40/20 or some other variation. And dont add bacon (unless your CKD'in it)

May I suggest more meals, more protein, fewer high GI carbs, and more good fats/less bad fats?

hmmm, whats a high GI carb, and how can i tell the difference between good fats and bad fats?

Lee, good fats like those found in avocados, fish, natural peanut butter, olives, etc...unsaturated (poly and mono) fats are going to HELP you lose unwanted fats. Things like butter, excessive amount of red meat, etc...are higher in "bad" (saturated) fats. You need fat, but you need the right kind in the right amount.

The glycemic index, in basic terms, is a ranking from 1-100 on how quickly sugars turn to glucose in your body. Simple sugars (carbs) turn quickly, and most complex carbs turn slowly. Bottom line is that you want carb choices that are like oats, sweet taters/yams, brown rice, etc..as opposed to pancakes, pop tarts, breads in general.

Also, you may be able to get by with cutting with fruit in your diet. I personally can't. Fructose is a simple sugar and doesn't help me meet my goals. Same for the simple sugar lactose, found in milk products.

ok i understand now. time to go raid the kitchen writing a new meal plan.
:D ill be back in a while with a write up.

thx for all the help

Top Bottom