Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Need Answers/Advice - Aesthetic + Athletic

lacrosse206

Hi all,

I've been here before looking for advice, and received some knowledgable information that was much appreciated. I have since implemented a few bits of a pieces of the stuff I was told, but have since adjusted my routines and diets in order to enhance my training.

I'm looking for further instruction now.

I started to use C4 Energy Pre-Supplement before my workouts. I use 1 to 1 1/2 scoops per workout, nothing more and nothing less than suggested. I was told to eat 300g of Protein as well, but I have read your liver can only digest about 150g at most, so I keep my intake around that level. I practice minimal cardio-activities, by playing lacrosse and basketball 4 to 5 times per wee, although that is not a worry by any means. I usually have cereal, milk, a multi-vitamin, fiber pills and soon Milk Thistle for my mornings. I would like advice to add to my morning meal. My lunch is typically limited, and I admittedly rarely have a full lunch. Dinners are sometimes the same way, although I usually have eggs, ham, bagel, milk, water, protein shakes and some odd foods here and there.

My diet is not where it needs to be in order to complete what I want: I would like to gain mass, keep my body fat low, and enhance my muscle tone and build.

I have access to all facilities I could need, and I'm not short on resources. I'd like to know what sort of changes I need for make to my diet to meet the above needs.

Also, I'm looking to enhance a few specific aesthetic pieces of my body. I'd like to get the 'Adonis-V' styled lower abdominals, while enhancing the exposure of my upper, mid and lower abdominals. I'd really, really like to increase the size of my pectorals, especially the upper-region. I'd like to increase the V-Shaped upper body as well, and increase the size of my trapezoids/shoulders, both vertically and horizontally. I'd like to increase the overall girth of my arms, both fore and biceps, and increase the size of my calf muscles. Lastly, my waist size, but I believe that is also contributed to in the foremost by the dietary changes. If anything, it'd be awesome to have the Adonis-V lower abdominals, overall abdominals and pectorals addressed, they are my key sectors for improvement.

I really, really, really appreciate you reading this and contributing. I'm currently training for a Division 1 lacrosse program, and working on my exterior aesthetics for a recent call from a modeling agency. I need to improve aesthetically foremost, and athletically second. Thank you very much, I appreciate it more than you know!

Last edited:
I think it's because no one really knows the answer.

I know of a competitive bodybuilder who says he is smaller but leaner on his bodybuilding off season (where he plays amateur soccer) and gets bigger in contest prep. He says on his off season he just aims for 200g protein and eats whatever he wants. He ism195-200 on the off season and 215 on stage. He was on super human radio on Wednesday or Tuesday I believe.

For most of what u want just a matter of working those muscle groups. Example upper pec incline bench shoulders jus do excercises for them do it all in 6-15 rep range. Some things are jus a matter of genetics not training such as how specifically a body part will develop but either way gotta work it

Sent from my DROID3 using EliteFitness

Thats a tough question to answer, given that the goals you have listed are for life, and not your body. That may sound like an asshole comment, but working on your Modeling and Athletic body are not specific terms, and do not command specific answers. I recognize you tried to be specific with your diet, but you still didnt give enough for a reader to answer the question. That is why you have so many views and so few helpful comments. While your post is well written as far as asking the question, it doesnt give much to go on to give you an answer. That said, most people here are glad to help, including myself if you are still needing consultation on diet or routine for a specific goal. The short answer, though, is that I have found personally, that my body is funtioning best when it looks the best... with the only exception being when my BF has been extremely low as a result of restrictive eating. From what you have written, there is a LOT of room in your routine for improvement, so work on your athletics, with a focus on keeping your food clean (you know what that means... right?) and your bodyfat low for the modeling... Feel free to PM me with your stats - age, weight, height, bodyfat, and current training routine, etc, or just post them up in this thread. You will get a lot more help!

Hi all,

Also, I'm looking to enhance a few specific aesthetic pieces of my body. I'd like to get the 'Adonis-V' styled lower abdominals, while enhancing the exposure of my upper, mid and lower abdominals. I'd really, really like to increase the size of my pectorals, especially the upper-region. I'd like to increase the V-Shaped upper body as well, and increase the size of my trapezoids/shoulders, both vertically and horizontally. I'd like to increase the overall girth of my arms, both fore and biceps, and increase the size of my calf muscles. Lastly, my waist size, but I believe that is also contributed to in the foremost by the dietary changes. If anything, it'd be awesome to have the Adonis-V lower abdominals, overall abdominals and pectorals addressed, they are my key sectors for improvement.

Sorry, I somehow missed this... looks like you were more specific than I thought! The V line in the abs is mainly a factor of genetics and body fat, the best excercises to bring this out in my opinion are leg lifts/scissor kicks and decline situps with the focus being on the lower abs. Mainly, though... your bodyfat cant be above 12%, and you need to be willing to put in WORK! That isnt just true for the abs, but for all of it. With both pecs and abs, the key is focusing on them... I dont make every day an Ab or Chest day, but I do my abs and chest every time I'm in the gym! 2 real heavy chest days a week, mixing up isolating (cable flys, etc) and more general (bench press) excercises, you have a great recipe for success. Chest was my problem area, and while I have great abs genetically, they dont look great until I'm below 10% bf cause I have so much muscle on my obliques... so I know a lot about doing TONS of abs and chest! Id be glad to help further or in more detail (specific routines, etc.), just let me know

Thanks guys, I really appreciate it! I'm new to this whole weightlifting thing as I've always had (primarily) cardio and footwork training for lacrosse, and when we had our daily workouts it was mostly just messing around to be honest... But now that I'm looking to go NCAA, the story is completely changed so I absolutely appreciate all the advice! I'll post my current routine below, feel free to rip on it or what not, I'll admit that I don't have any clue what I'm doing professionally, but I've been giving it my all when I go!

I workout every other day, completing everything listed and some accessory workouts if I have any energy left. My schedule has no restrictions, so any additions or subtractions you may see fit are totally possibilities! Also, I sincerely apologize and understand it makes me look foolish, but I don't know the names of all the workouts. I've titled them as I see fit and I am able to identify each one, but any help is appreciated on that too!

KEY TO THE LOG:
There are 4 total columns; only some of the workouts use 4 sets. The asterisks represent an empty set, meaning I only did 3 sets of the Dumbbell Chest Press, for example, represented by the 3 measurements and one asterisk. Should be easy enough to understand, but I am absolutely here to clarify! Thanks guys!

Exercise Set 1 (Reps/Lbs) Set 2 Set 3 (*) Set 4 (*)
Dumbbell Chest Press 8x60 8x60 8x60 *
Dumbbell Front Raise 8x35 8x35 8x35 *
Dumbbell Incline Fly 25x8 25x8 * *
Dumbbell Skullcrusher 45x8 45x8 * *
Dumbbell Shrugs 75x8 75x8 70x10 *
Pectoral Fly 190x8 190x8 175x10 *
Chest Press 175x8 175x8 190x8 *
Plate Shrugs 45x10 45x10 45x10 *
Trapezoid Raise 95x8 95x8 * *
Deltoid Fly 90x8 90x8 90x8 *
Ground Base Shrug 140x8 140x8 * *

Oblique Twist Situps 20 (Dual) 20 (Dual) 20 (Dual) 20 (Dual)
Inverted Weighted Crunch 16x45 16x45 16x45 16xN/A
Cable Crunches 20x50 20x50 20x50 *
Ground Leg Lifts 20 20 20 20
Hanging Side Swing 15 (Left) 15 (Left) 15 (Right) 15 (Right)
Side Planks 45sec (Left) 45sec (Left) 45sec (Right) 45sec (Right)
Swiss Ball Rollouts 10 10 10 *

Dumbbell Front Fly 10x20 10x20 10x20 *
Dumbbell Delt Fly 10x20 10x20 10x20 *
Bicep Curler 8x120 8x120 * *
Wrist Stringbar 1 1 1 *
Dumbbell Curls 10x35 10x35 10x35 *

Lateral Pulldown 8x145 8x145 * *
Lateral Pullback 8x130 8x130 * *
Back Torso Foldout 10x245 10x245 10x245 *
Tricep Extension 10x95 10x95 * *

Adductor 10x300 10x300 * *
Abductor 10x300 10x300 * *
Calf Lifters 10x100 10x100 10x100 10x100
Leg Thigh Press 10x400 10x400 10x400 *
Backwards Leg Lift 8 8 * *

1/2 Mile Cooldown < 4:00 * * *

In terms of nutrition, the only constant is that I have one to one and a half servings of C4 pre-workout supplement for energy. I have whey protein and I typically have about 150 grams of protein each workout day.

Oh, and I'm 18, 6'1, 167 (Always been lean, but have been gaining muscle weight since I started working out. I still don't eat well, so there is plenty of room to gain weight relatively easily [high innate capacity for weight gain given my lack of nutrition]). I don't know my body fat level, but how would I find that? Thanks a whole lot guys, really appreciate it from an aesthetic and athletic perspective and I'm glad to be able to get some knowledge from those who know so much more than I!

As I thought, but I've got quite a while until the season. How long does it take for the supplement to completely leave your system? I've got approx. 10 months until I'll be trying out and tested, and I'm pretty sure that's enough considering it's an energy supplement?

Top Bottom