Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

neck workouts?

glennds

anyone do exercises to specifically target their neck muscles? a thick, muscular neck looks terrific but seems to be a hard muscle area to work.

for a while i was doing the four way neck machine. i would do three sets in all four directions while increasing the weight on each round. this is kind of an uncomfortable exercise i just got sick of doing it.

any thoughts, routines, or successes in this area please share. i rarely see anyone using the two or three neck machines at my very well equipped, hard core gym. i have heard good form on deads indirectly works the neck.

This is an interesting topic..I would also like to hear some about this..

I can tell you personally my neck grew a lot just from straining on squats\deads...

I've heard a lot of good things about the neck harness..and there is one guy in my gym who hooks a 45 lb plate to it and does a flexion exercise?? He has a huge neck...

Thats easy. i used to have a 13 inch neck before i started hitting the neck hard.

first always do heavy shrugs. flex the neck during the movement and you will see some changes in the neck. but for me i needed to add the 4 way exersise to get the neck to really grow. now i have a 17" neck.

lay down on your back on the end of the flat bench. hang your head off the edge of it. take a towel and fold it into a small square and rest that on your forehead. lay a 5 10 or 20 lb plate on the towel on your forehead and lift up and down. 20 to 25 reps. go for the burn.

Do that same thing lying on your side. left and right. lift your head up and down

do the same for the reverse back of your neck. i personally like using the head strap for the back of the neck though.

you only need 2 total sets per side for the neck to respond. it grows pretty easily. you can do these 2 times a week or 3 times a week. i used to do them after every workout until i reached my goal.

Scaggs

lay on a bench four ways, stomach, back, both sides and have someone put downward pressure on your head, and do reps for sets against their pressure

Top Bottom