Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Neck work...How many work their neck?

How work yer NECK BONE?

• Yes

Votes: 11 29.7%
  • No

Votes: 26 70.3%

• Total voters

Behemoth

Aberration
Platinum
My stats are as follows...

I'm 6'2 and this morning weighed in at 275 lbs.

I am down from 302 lbs.

My body fat percentage is constantly decreasing...

I have to wear a 19 in the collar. I'm in a suit constantly. Have never worked neck because I simply have a hard enough time getting dress shirts.

How many of you work neck consistently and what are the tradeoffs....

Wow...19 viewers...out of 19...two of us are not doing any neck work...

I used to work neck every session at one time but haven't done it in years. I remember trying to make a wrestler's bridge a couple of months ago and was shocked to find that my neck couldn't handle it.

The downside to working neck in the gym was the occasional time when I'd put something out due to poor warmups. There are a lot of small muscles in there.

I have always worked my neck because I believed neck, arms and calves were to be equal for ideal proportions. I also reasoned that a muscular neck was a requirement for a healthy body.

As I grew older, I had the added challenge of preventing "turkey neck" and jowls, which is simply the down pull of gravity on weak muscles.

My routine is done twice a week on push day. I do 3 x 12 neck raises laying on back, rt & lft side, and back... 144 reps total. For the reps while laying on my back, I place a towel and a 50 lb plate on my forehead.

I finish the routine by doing facial isometrics using my finger tips.

Neck size changes with my body weight, but never under 18".

i don't work neck, ever

deadlifts, squats, heavy rowing, rack pulls, shrugs...anything that works traps and cause me to get all "big 'n' puffy-necked" seems to get my neck big

and I'm right behind the OP, 18.75", @ 5'8, 225 lbs

I'm starting to want to more and more although I don't know a lot of exercises that work or how to train it. I do the shrug stuff but can't squat or dead for the time being and I miss the yoke days....

I really miss the days when I had a permanent set of scabs on the top of my traps, can't wait until they are back....

I used to get scabs on the tops of my traps from squatting years ago. I'm using more weight now and squatting more often for more sets and reps and never get them. Maybe extra BF or extra traps mass is protecting me.

Top Bottom