Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Neck pain

mogzy

Everytime. I work my shoulders my neck gets so stiff and painful I can hardly move my head. Any help?

Posted with my Droid EO Forum App

Did you mess up your neck one day? Like hurt it? That happen to me Once but than again I heard something crack in my neck.. Took about 3 weeks to heal..

I'd recommend seeing a spine doc, or some kind of orthopedic doctor because we can only speculate on message boards what kind of damage might be happening.

I was super tight in the mid back, was afraid it might be some kind of disc related injury, went and saw a spine doctor/sports medicine guy and he ruled that out right away.

Chances are its super tight muscles, I was prescribed voltaren gel... its a life saver, I use it on sore neck muscles all the time and it prevents those goddamn tension headaches.

If you have good insurance check this stuff out:

voltaren-gel-4.jpg

I always had a bad neck. It usualy heals in 3 days. I was wondring maybe whn I work out my shoulders my neck muscles r stressed cuz its weak

Posted with my Droid EO Forum App

I hope you stretch and warm up your neck and shoulders very well before working out, the shoulder/neck area is easily injured, pull your neck to the right then left then front then back each time holding for at least 20 seconds, then warm up by doing side to side/front to
Back and circular movements. At least 10 times each. After I started doing that I never felt pain in my neck again.
Now on topic, I pulled/injured my lower neck upper shoulders from over working and it take a month or so to fully heal, daily massages will help a lot. And if you can get a steroid shot in the painful area it will go away the next day. Something like decadron. Talk
To your doctor about it, you will still need to rest it for a week or so though.

Your obviously straining....

First thoughts are....too heavy of weight, form issues, or previous injury that was never taken care of.

Now if the weight isnt an issue and your form is spot on, leaves one thing. Go see a doc. goodluck bro

Ah so if it's only after working out that area and you haven't had a previous injury then it's def a strain. Be careful because strain can turn into injury easily. Try the massages and cold packs. I you get even a quick strong 5 minute rub in the area From your girlfriend everyday and ice it after workouts it will help a lot and eventually go away

Top Bottom