Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Nautilus Bicep Machine

Shark01

Several years ago I had the opportunity to use a Nautilus bicep machine for a few weeks and was very impressed with the feel and the pump I got. I wasn't all that impressed by the other stuff except for the bicep machine, and I'm not the only one who feels this way after watching Dorian Yates use one on his video.

On to the point. I have finally decided to add one to my home gym. A few people have the 1st and 2nd generation machines for sale (used obviously) which is what I used before, but Nautilus the company has some used Next Generation machines for sale at the same price. Visually, the machines look similar except the new one has smaller cams (the kidney shaped disc that provides the variable resistance). The Nauilus guy says the new one is superior because:

"The reason we went to smaller cams on Next Generation is because of the gear reduction drive in them. If we had stayed with the larger cams it would have made the load to heavy.
With Next Generation we went from bushings to bearings & put low friction weight stacks on them. They are smoother to use than the older 1980's machines"

Can anybody who has used both confirm that the next generation machine is as good or better than the old ones?

Thanks

I've tried the blue chain one and the Nitro one. If I had to choose a Nautilus Biceps Curl Machine, I'd choose the Nitro over the old blue.

Of course, I'd probably just use the money for more plates, but you didn't ask that. ;)

Thanks Baoh,

Unfortunately all the plates in the world can't give you that variable resistance pump. The Nitro is a belt driven unit right? I think the chain drive has more of a primative gutteral feel that you are moving a mountain when using it.

Shark01 said:
Thanks Baoh,

Unfortunately all the plates in the world can't give you that variable resistance pump. The Nitro is a belt driven unit right? I think the chain drive has more of a primative gutteral feel that you are moving a mountain when using it.

No worries.

If you can Curl bodyweight or more weight strictly, a "variable resistance pump" won't mean anything. And yes, the Nitro is belt driven. I find the friction to be much less in the Nitro, and that's a very good thing for a machine meant for training.

Top Bottom