x
Almost there! Please complete this form and click the button below to gain instant access.
EliteFitness.com FREE Email Series: How You Can Use Winstrol, Masteron, HGH, and Testosterone for a Perfect, Muscular Physique!
- -
We hate SPAM and promise to keep your email address safe.
- -
puritysourcelabsdomestic-supply
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals

narrow stance vs PL stance squat

Welcome to the EliteFitness.com Bodybuilding Site! Please join this discussion about narrow stance vs PL stance squat within the Weight Training & Weight Lifting category.

Excerpt: has anyone found that squatting pler style has created a strength imbalance in the quads vs. hams causing their quads to be strained/pulled...rugby season just started again and I pulled my quad really badly and I'm thinking it has something to do with me squatting pl style strictly over the summer and having glutes/hammies that are overpowering my quads...I am now alternating narrow stance and pler when I do leg days to see if things turn out better...anyone else have this problem? thanks,

Read more or register here to join the discussion below...

Pro Bodybuilder

narrow stance vs PL stance squat

has anyone found that squatting pler style has created a strength imbalance in the quads vs. hams causing their quads to be strained/pulled...rugby season just started again and I pulled my quad really badly and I'm thinking it has something to do with me squatting pl style strictly over the summer and having glutes/hammies that are overpowering my quads...I am now alternating narrow stance and pler when I do leg days to see if things turn out better...anyone else have this problem?

thanks,
    CN

Elite Strongman b fold the truth's Avatar

Re: narrow stance vs PL stance squat

My quads are decently strong I guess...and I mostly do all my squats wide. If you pulled a quad while playing rugby...makes me wonder what your off season conditioning work was like.

I mostly always squat wide stanced like a powerlifter but recently hit a jokingly easy raw 412 front squat after doing box squats and deadlifts.

B True

''Teach my children to love! They'll learn to hate on their own.''
    ''One thing is certian,You can't shake hands with a fist''
    ''It is not the beauty of a building you should look at; its the construction of the foundation that will stand the test of time.''

"ABSOLUTELY!!! I wouldn't take 4 days off of work to go support the men if I wasn't getting paid!"
    .....Jill Mills...World's Strongest Woman

a good mix if high bar squats and PL style will cure that. every so often hit some 5x5 high bar squats and you should be fine.

Pro Bodybuilder

you mean placing the bar higher on the traps for more quad emphasis when you say high bar squats?

i can place the bar up on my traps, or i place it down on my rear delts. with the bar up on my traps i sit down into the "pocket" thus keeping my quads heavily involved. with the bar low, i spread my feet out and sit back, transferring alot of the load on the posterior chain (glutes, hams, erectors).