Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

My weekly schedule...

Bulldog_10

What's up people? Just wondering if you could take a look at my routine and pick it apart, give me some pointers, opinions, tips, etc...

I'm in the hypertrophy phase of training (if you don't know about periodization, check out my first post on this thread:periodization )

Well, here it is:

Each day is begun with 5-10 minutes of cardio (until sweat), stretching, and abs (only twice per week).

Day one (upper body, alternating push/pull):

Cleans 3 sets of 5
Pull-ups 2 sets of 8-12
Dips 2 sets of 8-12
Bent over rows 2 sets of 8-12
Bench Press 2 sets of 8-12

Day two (lower body, alternating push/pull):

Snatches 3 sets of 5
Front squats 2 sets of 8-12
Glute-ham raises 2 sets of 8-12
Leg extensions 2 sets of 8-12
SLDLs 2 sets of 8-12

Day Three: Rest

Day Four (Upper body, alternating push/pull):

Cleans 3 sets of 5
Bench Press 2 sets of 8-12
Pull-downs 2 sets of 8-12
Military presses 2 sets of 8-12
Barbell curls 2 sets of 8-12
Kickbacks 2 sets of 8-12
Shrugs 2 sets of 8-12

Day Five (Lower body, alternating push/pull):
Snatches 3 sets of 5
Deadlifts 2 sets of 8-12
Leg presses 2 sets of 8-12
Hamstring curls 2 sets of 8-12
Calf raises 2 sets of 8-12

Day Six: Rest

Day Seven: Rest

This is sort of like DC training in a way I guess...I work my pulling muscles (bis, lats, hamstrings, etc...) twice per week, as well as my pushing muscles (tris, pecs, quads...) twice per week. I'll be doing this for about 5 weeks, then move onto the basic strength phase.

Any comments are appreciated.

Thanks alot!
-Bulldog:)

The olympic lifting is not the best thing for size. Fast explosive movements like that dont really keep tension on the target muscles. Fuck up your joints in the long run.

Volume is extremely low. Id go with more effective movements for the target muscles and alot more volume. Hitting failure on each set as well. Not so concerned with reps but hitting the entire rep spectrum by pyramiding.

Split is really based on your personal recovery, so that can be tweaked based on that.

KILL THAT SHIT

Top Bottom