Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Is my warming up ok?

Valyrian132

Hello everyone! I had some doubts about warming up,and how to do it without overheating to say so. So the question issimple – how long should it take, and should include only themoving of all different bodyparts, or you also need to lift? I take15-20 minutes to warm up, and I move all of my joints and bodyparts.Then I do some pushups and abs, and the start working out. Does thissound right?

Timewise, your warmup sounds good to me, but you need to tell more about what you do during the warmup, because it is not only a matter of time, but of what you do. Proper warming up is a crucial part of working out without injuries.

I used to warmup very poorly.. example is i would bench and throw on a plate and do like a quick 6 or 7 reps as my warmup and the very next set throw on 2 plates and go from there.. i ended up tearing my rotator cuff. i really believe that had i warmed up properly i could have prevented the injury

so yes warm up prior and stretch after

Your warm up sounds really good to me. My warm ups take about 15-20 minutes as well.

People often rush through their warm ups or skip warm ups all together - big mistake.

Not only will it prevent you from having as good of a workout as possible, it'll also increase your likelihood of injury.

When you warm up, you get your body and mind ready for the workout. You need to raise your internal core body temperature, active your CNS and get your mind focused on the task at hand.

I just warm up each muscle that I am going to train before doing working sets. I will usually do 2-4 warm up sets no where near to failure but just to get blood pumping and everything loosened up.

Top Bottom