Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

my unofficial strongman training plan

gotcha, thanks.

oh another thing, haha... i've read from some people not to push (knee) up the tire when you're flipping it over. why would this be and do you agree?

also, since my contest and it's events resemble a frickin track meet, would i be able to diet and get better at the events at the same time? i feel i would be very comfortable and fairly fast at 225 (don't want to lose too much LBM to get there though) or should i just eat enough carbs and protein then hope adding in the events and sled work will drop some weight?

Last edited:
jeremys said:
gotcha, thanks.

oh another thing, haha... i've read from some people not to push (knee) up the tire when you're flipping it over. why would this be and do you agree?

also, since my contest and it's events resemble a frickin track meet, would i be able to diet and get better at the events at the same time? i feel i would be very comfortable and fairly fast at 225 (don't want to lose too much LBM to get there though) or should i just eat enough carbs and protein then hope adding in the events and sled work will drop some weight?

Why would you NOT use your knee? With a light tire...it helps to keep momentum and rhythm. With a heavy tire...you will have to bring it up as high as possible and sit it on your knee then incline it up and over. You will not find many good competitors who do not use their knee...where do you hear this stuff????

If you train the events...you will need more recovery time. You will overtrain without realizing it...especially if you diet. Every wonder why you don't see many ripped strongmen? There is a reason (I'll stay away from the hgh, slin, and AAS arguement).

If you want to weigh 225...keep training the events with a cardio fashion. Hit that tire 2-3x per week for a while and add a high intensity sled drag to it as a medley. :)

I never diet...ever.

B True

thanks for the info

Why would you NOT use your knee? With a light tire...it helps to keep momentum and rhythm. With a heavy tire...you will have to bring it up as high as possible and sit it on your knee then incline it up and over. You will not find many good competitors who do not use their knee...where do you hear this stuff????

i've been reading on a lot of different pages and forums. just when i think i find them all, i find links to 10 more. there's a lot of conflicting opinions out there. i just saw that mentioned a couple times, and found it very odd

Why are you not on msn??? I have some links and other things to send you...

Remember that there are a lot of people who 'do strongman' who never compete unless it is the West Farmington Central's Big Paul's County Fair and Dance.

B True

today my back hurt pretty bad. it was spasming too. i'm seeing a sports doc that comes to our school tomorrow

FYI, i've adopted the 'cheese' look. hopefully now i can gain as fast as him!

jeremys said:
today my back hurt pretty bad. it was spasming too. i'm seeing a sports doc that comes to our school tomorrow

FYI, i've adopted the 'cheese' look. hopefully now i can gain as fast as him!

Why was your back hurting? Spasming isn't a bad thing IMO... Any muscle soreness isn't realy bad...it is spinal soreness that bothers me.

Stretch...stretch EVERYTHING!!!!

Cheese look???

B True

Cheese look???

my hair is buzzed pretty short. i look like a dingus. why cant i just be cool like cheese?? :)

the guy i saw said to get some x-rays at the place he works for, of course. he said my hamstrings weren't very flexible, which i kind of agree with. i've always had hammy problems.

i'm trying to squat and dead, and it's going ok, but there's just one particular muscle i can feel that hurts when i lift. it's more of a nagging thing when i lift, but the next day, it's pain to walk or put my shoes on.

my back never spasmed before; just yesterday, the day after i squatted. i felt it almost in that same muscle that's bothering me, if it is in fact a muscle and not nerve/spine related.

this is all probably at least half a mental thing. i'm AFRAID to do much heavy stuff because if i hurt it again, it will be a LONG recovery. i will do the contest in april, i have to. however, my performance could definitely be hindered if i don't get this taken care of soon. x-rays without insurance are expensive, and i dont really have that kind of money. i know that x-rays are the only way to actually see what the problem is, so i can get it fixed fast so i can go on.

sorry for writing a book, lol

was supposed to do bench and hammer curls and rows today, but now i'm sitting here and something's definitely not right. i didn't even do anything today yet i'm in horrible pain :confused:

i'm going to keep doing a few sets of band good mornings every day. probably 4-5 sets of 25 whenever i can.

it really sucks when you rest 6-7 months, get fat, then can't even start out light to get back to what you want to do. it kills inside to not have the ability to even train.

i really don't know if i will even be able to have x-rays done. parents have no money at all. no insurance, nothing. they're absolutely irresponsible. even if they could help me, they wouldn't. no support at all. they try to demean me and call me names every chance they get, and then when they know i'm hurt, they do their best to make things worse.

i'm sorry for ranting and raving, but i'm not making anybody read any of this

went to the chiro and got my back fixed. now i'm re-strengthening it, but the good news is that it's healed. during this time i've been frustrated (missed a strongman contest in the area, stayed fat, etc).

but there's a bench contest coming up in 21 days that i've been training for. after that, i'm looking for strongman contests. after reading this thread a couple times, i've come up with a very general outline;

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

AM PM

Monday: light GPP upper body assistance

Tuesday: GPP rest

Wednesday: ME lower and assistance

Thursday: light GPP rest

Friday: rest

Saturday: ME lower and events

Sunday: recovery

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

now this is very general and could change because of whatever events in whatever upcoming contest.

open for more suggestions

Top Bottom