Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

my unofficial strongman training plan

today i did:

deads: 135x5, 145x5x5 sets NO PAIN!! just a little stiff

BO DB rows: 60x8, 75x8 STRICT form

across-body hammers: 20x12, 40x8

split eagle situps: 25 lb plate x 15, x 10, x 5 ..think i pulled my groin a tiny tiny bit. can REALLY feel these in my hip flexors!

just a side note: today went excellent. no bad pain in deads or anything else. i even threw my neighbor to the ground without hurting myself. whenever i tried that within the last couple months, i'd be hurting for about 2 days. i think just the confident attitude about all this has helped me, as corny as that may sound

my dead form is kinda weird. i get way down and pretty much squat the bar up. is that less powerful than something else?

what should i add in on dead days like this? i was thinking zerchers or spider zerchers maybe, but should i just do those on squat day?

also thinking about adding glute/ham raises off floor. reverse hyper for sure, just waiting for my squat rack (comes in monday!!)

You will feel the spread eagle sit ups in your hip flexors...

Do you have any saved videos of me, Spatts, etc...doing deads??

not anymore. i used to delete stuff periodically, i won't now

Jeremy, I have some old conventional pull videos, and some current sumos. What do you need?

with events, maybe conventional would help more? i'm used to pulling conventional anyways, but i know sumo could be for people with my back situation?

how about both?

Please excuse the person yelling, "Oh shit!" in the background. :D

I will have to hit the archives for a conventional pull.

I like sumo because it spares my back strength for squatting. I would have to think that in strongman, anything you can do to spare your lower back is worth trying.

Last edited:
that's an excellent idea. i really do need to spare my back, as b fold said.

i can't view mpg :(. no sound on this computer and mpg's wont play without it, so i can only play most .wmv files. crap

I feel sumo pulls mostly in my lower back...lol...and you can't sumo when you do the Silver Dollar Deadlift at your contest...

B True

lol..i'll see how it feels for me. my deadlift is 18" though, so maybe i might be stuck with conventional

2. Max Weight Partial Deadlift
-Standardized for American Records
a. Silver Dollar
i. Legs are allowed to be up to Shoulder width apart.
ii. Straps allowed, chalk allowed, no tacky allowed
iii. Conventional Style: Hands must start and finish outside the legs Must lock out, shoulders rolled back, head up looking forward
b. Partial Regular Olympic Bar
i. Legs are allowed to be up to Shoulder width apart.
ii. Straps are allowed, chalk allowed, no tacky allowed (or other stick-um products)
iii. Conventional Style: Hands must start and finish outside the legs
iv. Must lock out, shoulders rolled back, head up looking forward

Top Bottom