Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

amounirl

I have my own private workout log, but I guess I'd like to start posting on a thread so I might be able to get some feedback on my training. I've been lifting for 2 years, but I've only been serious for since May of this year, so for about 7 months. For the other time I spent lifting all I did was bench press and curls, maybe a few things here and there, half squats with a sissy pad.

What made me get serious was a girl in my gym benched more than me. I searched up a strength program and found Stronglifts 5x5, and established a foundation with that. I then did a generic hypertrophy routine once I could squat 5x275, bench 5x200, and deadlift 5x335. I now use the conjugate method when bulking, and German Volume Training when cutting.

So I'll start logging my workouts from last week, which was my final week of a cut, just to get things rolling. Then I'll post today's workout, and keep posting from then on!

So here's a few workouts from last week, when I was low carbing and doing German Volume Training to cut:

11-29-11:

10x10x125 decline bench press
10x10x60 EZ bar curls

11-30-11:

10x5x250 Rack pulls off a bumper plate

12-1-11:

5x225, 2x275 reverse band bench press with 62 lb bands (at 2x length, just trying to get my body used to lifting heavy again for powerlifting next week
10x10x90 rope cable rows
10x10x65 behind the head decline skullcrushers

12-2-11:

9x5x165, 1x6x185 front squats
4x10x65 behind the neck press
superset shoulder raises with a 10 lb dumbbell, several sets (maybe 5 supersets?)

Back to powerlifting today. I didn't wanna go too heavy so I wanted to go for a reps max with 3 plates on squats. I'll do a real 1rm in 2 weeks, doing a deadlift variant next monday.

-Low Bar Back Squats: 5xbar, 5x135, 4x185, 3x225, 2x275, 5x315
-Speed Deficit Band Deadlifts (62 lb band, standing on bumper plate 45s): 5x135, 5x185, 3x3x235

Rest of the workout kinda got sabotaged by people talking to me, managed to do a few sets of glute ham raises and a set of reverse hypers, but I ran out of time (I work out in my school gym during a period so I only have about 1 hour to do my workout, less if I get there late.)

No big deal, speed benching tomorrow.

So I hope you guys enjoy reading my log, first time logging on a website, I guess it'd be a good idea to post my stats.

ASL: 17, Male, California
Height: 5'11
Weight: 181
BF %: Around 12% (conservative estimate, abs, obliques, adonis belt, quads, etc visible) Hard to guess, my back is always well defined even if I'm in a heavy bulk and have no ab definition. But I'm at most 12 or 13% right now, just finished a cut.

I'll post other stats by request.

Back when I was in HS I always considered working out during gym block. I never did though because I would draw way too much attention to myself squatting and dead lifting and stuff. I would have to explain to everyone who walked up to me what I should do.

Back when I was in HS I always considered working out during gym block. I never did though because I would draw way too much attention to myself squatting and dead lifting and stuff. I would have to explain to everyone who walked up to me what I should do.

Haha yeah, when I deadlift people are always like "what muscle does that work?" All of them!

seems a bit complicated with the bands and such for your experience level... you could probably get away keeping things simpler, but if you ENJOY IT, by all means continue...
great to you taking things seriously at such a young age... pretty decent lifts for your age/size... should be a good log to follow...

Looking Good. I'll be stopping in again to see how its going. Been looking into bands and chains to break plateaus after watching some Westside Barbell and other videos but not sure if I can make it work in my gym. Goodluck!

From My Droid!

Dynamic Bench today, did 115+bands since my 1RM on bench is 235 right now, making it a little under half, the bands put it a little over half.

Dynamic Flat Bench:
10xbar
Added 30-62 lb bands
6xbar+bands
3x95+bands
8x3x115+bands

Dumbbell Flat Bench:
10x30s
2x20x45s (I would have never have thought of such a weird set/rep scheme but the guys from Westside seem to like it. Definitely more weight next time.)

Chest Supported Rows:
3x12x50

Reverse Pec Deck:
10x95
10x110
2x10x100 (Haven't done this in a long time so I didn't know how much weight to do.)

Then a few forearm grip plate curls with light weight while I was waiting for the period to end.

Quick and easy workout, nothing too exciting, but I'm doing Zercher squats for the second time ever, on Thursday, so we'll see how that goes.

I also do cardio in the form of martial arts (Kempo) on alternating Mondays/Tuesdays, then on most Wednesdays, Thursdays, Fridays, and Saturdays. We don't do anything incredibly intense but I end up breathing hard and sweating at every class, and on Saturdays we do Crossfit workouts. So anyways, I'm going to Kempo later today, and I went yesterday, just to throw that in there for my log.

Diet's been pretty good, lots of protein, reintroducing carbs has been a very gaseous experience, but oddly enough my bodyweight hasn't changed from around 181. Then again there's a lot of other factors for weight fluctuations so I'm not worried about it.

Oh yeah also, thanks for the feedback guys! I might not necessarily need bands but I do enjoy them, something about putting on more weight than you would normally be able to do, then benching it with the full weight on the lockout, is really fun!

Top Bottom