Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
2-7-12: Bench

Bench (with pull ups in between sets, only remembered at the end)
15xbar
5x95
5x135
5x155
3x185
3x210
3x235
0x245 paused too long
5 pullups
1x245 paused
5 pullups
1x245 paused

Jerks (supersetted with sets of 5 pull ups on the top of the squat rack, basically a square fat bar)
5x95
5x120
5x140
5 pull ups
3x160
5 pull ups
3x180
5 pull ups
1x190
5 pull ups
1x200
5 pull ups
1x200 pretty much push pressed it
rested a bit
10 pull ups

Basically I did ~45 pull ups total

EZ bar JM Press(Supersetted with pulling stuff)
8x45
8x75
8x85
8x85
8x95

Facepulls
25x50

Pretty damn good workout, bench went decently, 3x235 puts me at just about 255 predicted max. The paused reps went ok, the first one I thought my training partner was gonna say "press", and he thought I'd do it on my own, so I ended up missing it. The second was perfect. The third my glutes came off the bench and I ratcheted it, but for training purposes it was fine. So I still need to work on my form. Jerks were awesome, 190 felt way too easy so I went up to 200, and I smoked it. The last set I basically power jerked/push pressed it, I barely did the split. Felt awesome. Some of the pulling stuff I did in a superset with JM press included curls with the same weight, then at the end I finished off with a set of 20 bent over underhand rows.

3x5 Bench

Bench
5x175
5x195
5x185 just fixing a few things on my form
4x225
4.9x220

Jerk
5x135
5x155
5x175

20-25, maybe 30 pull ups total from in between sets. Let's just say 20.

Pendlays
5x135
3x185
5x155
5x165
5x175

Cable Rows Underhand
4x8xramping weights

JM Press supersetted with 100 lb rope facepulls
3x8xramping JM press weights.

I felt really sluggish today, possibly because I was lacking sleep, possibly because I skipped my upper day on friday, so my upper body's basically been dormant for a week. Bench went pretty poorly, I might have been able to get 5 with 225 but I would have most likely hit failure. Then I tried to hit 5 with 220, which was my original prescribed reps (but I was too lazy to load on all those small weights), but I was either too fatigued or too weak to hit 5. I'll write today off as a bad lifting day just because I felt sluggish. I need to start progressing my pendlays like I did back on stronglifts, I'll do them every monday and progressively load them up 5 lbs a week. Next week I'll try to ramp them like this: 135x5, 155x5, 170x5, 185x5. Hopefully I'll remember. Just finished off with my upper back volume and triceps volume, then got out of there. I hit 8x35s on each side of the EZ bar on JM press with 1 or 2 more in the tank, so I'll up that on Friday. Accidentally deleted the 225x4 but here's 220x4.9:

Bench 220x4.9 - YouTube

Looking good man .. Maybe it's the angle of the camera but it looks like ur left arm is higher then your right ??

Thanks man, on the other reps it was even but on the last rep I lost control of the bar with my lats and couldn't lock out my right arm, that's why I called it 4.9 reps

I've decided to take the slower bulking approach. I'm going to aim for about 1-2 lbs every 2 weeks, 2-5 lbs per month of gains. That way the most I'll be by the time I'm 18 is 220. It's also easier since I don't need to force myself to eat. It should be easy, all I need to do is not force myself to eat as much, unless I start to lose weight.

My weight right now is 193-197 and my waist is 33.5-34, let's just call it 34. My stomach is 32 inches and 36 when I'm bloated.

If I ever weigh in below 193 then I'll start eating more, probably force feed that day, if I gain over 5 lbs in a month I'll start eating less.

Thursday 2-16-12: Deadlifts 3x5

Hook Grip Deadlifts
warmups
3x5x315

Low Box Squat
5x135
5x175
5x205

Ghetto GHR
A couple failed attempts at repping our flimsy set up (foam roller attached to lat pulldown with mini bands).

Hook Grip Kroc Rows
10x50 Right
10x50 Left
15x100 Right (cheated on the last 3)
15x100 Left (cheated on the last 1)

Hook Grip Shrugs
20x225

Neck Extensors
20x15

Today I kept my deadlifts light and just worked on form, and hook grip. I managed to get solid lockouts on all my sets. I actually found out that even though my back always looks rounded, it's just because I naturally have big spinal erectors. It's the bulge of the muscle. Basically to see if I'm rounded I need to look at the point without bulge above my erectors and the point without bulge below it, and make sure they connect in a straight line. So I was pretty stoked about that. Today was my first time doing box squats properly, so I kept it light. We tried to set up a GHR on the lat pull down by attaching a foam roller to it with mini bands, but that went terribly. My training partner managed to do it, even with the seat for the lat pulldown being so narrow, but for me it just felt super awkward and the foam roller hurt like a bitch in my quads. I guess I need to roll more and get used to it. I did hook grip kroc rows with my forearm on the bench so I couldn't cheat as much, although I still managed apparently to cheat the last 3 reps. Then the left side went a lot better (I swear my left hand must be bigger because my hook grip is 30x stronger in it, even though my normal grip is stronger in my right, but they look the same size side by side...) Then I did some shrugs with hook grip, the first few reps felt really awkward, since my arms are fairly long and when I shrug the bar grinds my member, but I screwed around with my set up mid set and managed to get the last 10-15 reps pretty clean, good ROM. Either way the main point was to work on grip, and my thumbs are toasted and shredded up right now. Finished off with some neck extensors with 15 lbs and called it a night.

Top Bottom