Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
5/3/1 OHP: 5/3/1

Overhead Press
warmups
5x120
3x135
1x160
Rest pause with 15-20 sec rest between reps 4x150

Bench Press with Fat Gripz
warmups
5x10x165 Paused the last rep of each set James Henderson style.

Rack Lockouts from Right Below Sticking Point
5x135
3x185
1x225
1x225

Alternating Sets of Chin Ups and Pull Ups at BW 190-193
54 reps total, I think it went like:
10 chins
5 pulls
7 chins
7 pulls
9 chins
6 pulls
10 chins

No video today. For overhead press I accidentally put 160 instead of 150, so I only did 1 rep, but the 2nd I tried to grind for a bit, and didn't make it. I realized right after that I put on the wrong weight, so to make up the volume I lost I did my rest pause with 4 sets of 150 instead of 3, which went pretty well.

For my supplementary high volume bench, I finally found a really good groove, even with the fat gripz throwing me off a bit. I found a way to set myself up where my eyes are always right under the bar, and my back is always tight. I went to failure on the last set, missed it at the top, but it's all good, I'm deloading next week so I want to leave little to nothing in the tank today. I also did high rep face pulls in between sets of bench, I did around 80-100 reps total with fairly light weight.

On that note I went to failure on the rack lockouts as well, tried to do a second rep with 225 to no avail. I might start doing those after next cycle in place of the high rep bench presses, I want to do the high reps next cycle just to keep working on form. Alternatively I could do them on alternating weeks.

To finish off the workout we had a chin/pull ups contest, each rep was full range of motion with no bouncing, chin up over the bar, I paced myself a bit so I might have a better chance of winning, the last set of 10 I knew I would have failed if I went for 11. He ended up beating me by .4 reps.

Went to a buffet and weighed in at 194.9 afterwards, though it could have been higher if I didn't get rear ended on my way home and have to spend 45 mins trying to convince the guy he didn't need to call the cops, lol. Just a fender bender.

1-30-12: 5/3/1 Squat: Deload

Squat
5x135
5x165
6x205

Front Squat
10x115
8x140
6x165

Lunges
3x10x25 lbs in each hand

1 Leg Romanian Deadlifts
10x20
10x35

Calf Raises
10x1 plate
10x2 plates

Trained alone today, fastest training session in a while, I left my house at a little before 12:00, went to the gym 20 mins away, went to a buffet, and got home a little after 2:00. I weigh about 192.8 right now, I guess I'm also gonna do a deload on the eating, just eating when I'm hungry, but no forcing like I usually do. But anyways, the squats and front squats were obviously easy, and so was the other stuff, except since the movements were so awkward (first time doing them). I felt really sore and fatigued right after, breathing hard and drenched with sweat. I might have sweat more because I went earlier and it was a bit hotter, but I was absolutely drenched, my clothes were like they just came out of the wash, except they smelled like sweat... Interesting doing these movements, I really didn't like the 1 leg deads but the lunges were pretty good, nice weighted stretch, although it felt a lot like cardio... Calf raises were ok. I meant to do more but I got a phone call and left the gym so I could talk, and didn't really feel like going back in and doing more sets and then upper back. I'll just throw that in tomorrow.

1-31-12: 5/3/1 Bench: Deload

Bench
10x105
8x135
6x155

1 Clean then Jerk for Reps
10x95
6x115

Dumbbell Bench
10x50s
10x60s
15x65s 3 Rep PR!!!

BW Dips
2x10

Pendlay Rows
3x5x135

Underhand Cable Rows
2x8x100
2x8x120

Some Lat Machine Just for Fun
10x1 plate
8x2 plates

Face Pulls
2x10xlightweight

That's my easy deload workout. It sucks cause I felt pretty strong benching today, I might have been able to hit some serious weight. My set up is getting tighter and tighter. Went to the sushi buffet again, I think I was 193.8 when I got home. Good stuff, although I feel like I'm getting smaller and fatter for some reason. Hopefully it's just psychological...

5/3/1 Deadlift and Overhead Press: Deload

Deadlift
5x135
10x185
8x225
6x275

Hook Grip Rack Pulls, Held for 10 sec
365 (hurt like a bitch)
405 (almost broke my thumb)

Overhead Press
10x65
10x80
6x95

Bradford Press
12x65
12x75

Close Grip Bench Deload
10x95
8x115
6x135

Seated Dumbbell Overhead Press
10x25s
10x35s
10x45s
6x50s with no back support

Dumbbell Upright Rows
10x25s
10x35s
10x45s
10x55s
10x60s

Face Pulls
A few random sets throughout the workout.

Done. Easy stuff, not much to be said. Bradford Press was pretty good, can't wait to slap some real weight on there next cycle, though this was still decently challenging for me being that the movement feels awkward right now. Can't wait to hit some real weights next week. Also those hook grip rack pulls I felt like my thumbs were being ripped off. They're all cut up right now. At least I did some lift today that made me feel like a man :p. 196.5 BW after buffet today. Also makes me feel like a man, I'm almost 200!!!

Last edited:
So I'm gaining about 2 lbs a week right now and if I bulk till June I'm gonna hit 250 lbs. That's a bit much, so I'm thinking about going on the Anabolic Diet (a Cyclic Ketosis Diet) once I hit 225 lbs, and see if I can still progress strengthwise that way, while losing fat. If not I might carb cycle in a different way, high carbs on lifting days and low carbs on non lifting days, the only problem with that being that I'll never be in ketosis. Or I'll just do a solid cut. Nobody's posted in my log besides me for a while, but if anybody's still reading this, let me know what you think

Still here buddy. I check in usually each time you make a post. Everything looking good. 225 sounds like a good weight to stop at and focus on strength.

From My Droid MoFo!

Thanks man, yeah even though I don't mind losing my 6 pack, I don't want to be fat, haha. 250 is too much for me right now

Thanks man, yeah even though I don't mind losing my 6 pack, I don't want to be fat, haha. 250 is too much for me right now

Yeah sounds like it be a leaner bulk if you slowed down some around there and focused on training and strength and lean out staying around 225. And then bulk again to 250+.

From My Droid MoFo!

Yeah sounds like it be a leaner bulk if you slowed down some around there and focused on training and strength and lean out staying around 225. And then bulk again to 250+.

From My Droid MoFo!

True, that's a good idea, I think I'll start doing that once I hit 200, the number is just too tempting :p. If I find I'm not progressing in strength I'll up the calories and gain some weight.

Top Bottom