Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
On the deadlift arch your lower back hard from the start. It also looks like your raising your hips a little early. Keep hips low and drive heels through the floor until you reach your knees. Then drive your hips foward and squeeze your ass to lockout. When you do speed pulls really focus on locking out strong. These are a few tweaks that I noticed from the vid, but other than that it was good.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using EliteFitness

Thanks for the tips man, yeah that's the one main thing I'm having trouble with is maintaining my back angle and not raising my hips, but it's more of a flexibility thing. I started stretching a lot so it's getting better, I used to have to only do sumo deads because I didn't have the flexibility to get my back straight for conventional deads.

I just wanted to write down my goals so they're up somewhere, after all my training log is probably the best place for them. They're lofty goals and I don't know if I'll hit them but I want them up here. I want to hit a 300 bench, 405 squat, and 500 deadlift by the time I turn 18, and weigh at least 200 (not concerned with an upper limit for my weight/bodyfat percentage though). I want to bench 405, squat 550, and deadlift 700 by the time I'm 25, weighing under 230 at under 12% bodyfat, hopefully by 20 at under 18% bodyfat. In my lifetime I want to push for a 450 bench, 600 or 650 squat, and 750 or 800 deadlift at under 242 lbs, hopefully under 18% bodyfat. All raw and drug free. If I stall for a whole year I will switch to single ply lifting, never multi ply.

1-23-12: 5/3/1 Squat: 5/3/1

Squat
5xbar
5x135
5x225
3x275
(1+2=)3x315
1x345

Front Squat
3x225
3x250

Ghetto Reverse Band GHR on Lat Pulldown
3x8xBW

Weighted Pull Ups
5xBW
3x5xBW+25

Decent workout, 345 was way below parallel, but maintained my back arch with no butt wink (according to my training partner). Wish I got a video. I was gonna push for a 275 front squat today but I was really worn out after grinding the 3rd rep with 250. Did some GHRs on the lat pulldown with a reverse band, I'm gonna be super sore. I think next cycle I'm gonna do stiff leg sumo deads on squat day and GHRs on deadlift day. Weighted pull ups, good stuff. BW is about 191 today.

1-24-12: 5/3/1 Bench: 5/3/1

Bench
warmups
5x185
3x215
1x245
1x235 paused
1x290 lift off only

Olympic Jerks
warmups
5x140
3x160
(1+2=)3x185

Face Pulls
4x10x90

Done. Today my bench was all over the place, my set up was crap which kind of impaired the work out, plus I was feeling pretty tired so I wasn't very explosive. Everything felt slow and heavy. Basically, it was an off day. I had originally planned to do 240 and push for 3 but I didn't feel up to it, so I did 245 for a single. It felt to easy so I went for a second rep and failed it. I think I could have gotten that second rep if I didn't set up so low and fatigue myself just unracking the weight. So I did a couple heavy solo lift offs, working up to 290, and worked on my set up a lot. Unracking 290 by myself felt easier than the 215 I unracked from a crappy position. To cheer me up, Jerks went well, I changed 180 to 185 and smoked it with more left in the tank. Did my face pulls and got out of there.

1-26-12: 5/3/1 Deadlift: 5/3/1

Deadlift
5x135
5x185
5x225
5x275
5x315
3x365
(1+3)=4x405

Squat walkouts
1 plate
2 plates
3 plates
4 plates

Had a nice deadlift session today, though my hook grip kept crapping out so I had to resort to mixed grip, as you'll see in the video, but either way it was a nice PR, so I'm happy about that. Kinda messed around with face pulls between sets and stuff, but deadlifts wore me out so I didn't do any serious assistance. Did some squat walkouts but that's not really all that taxing, so yeah, bodyweight was 194.4 after stuffing my face yesterday, 192.8 when I got home today from the gym, after eating ~3 rolls of sushi at this really great restaurant my training partner showed me near my gym.

Deadlift 4x405 - YouTube

Top Bottom