Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

My Training Journal

ExtraMile

High End Bro
Platinum
Allright, I been doing weightlifting since I was about 13, it started after seeing a film with some training scene in, I had a set of boule in my bedroom (like a bowling game with heavy balls) which was in a little pouch bad thing and probably weighed about 3kg, and every night i used to standing bicep curl it, do 4 sets of 20 reps on each arm holding the handle of the bag, I didnt want to tell my mum&dad because I dint think they would let me, but one day they came in while I was doing it they wernt mad and to my suprise my dad walked out of my bedroom and came back in with a set of dumbells! For the next year every other night I would start off with about 2 sets of lateral raises to about 15 reps and they about 4 sets of bicep curls to about 15 reps, I did that on and off for about a year, I hadnt bothered to do research or anythin like that and didnt really no any other exercises but then the christmas a year later I got an EZ bar, Tricep Bar and pull up bar, then for about 2 months Monday Wednesday and Friday I would do Bicep Curls, Military Presses, Upright Rows, Skullcrushers and PullUps. Then over the next year I found out more and more about weight lifting and workin out, diet and fitness etc and bought more weights and equipment and started doing more cardio...
Now spending a month on holiday this summer, Iv decided to try and slim down, probably from bein on the beach and being rather self concious all the time but with advice and help from SaiBoTiCa and a few others members Iv designed a new training plan, it goes as follows:

Workout A:
Squats, 5x8
Romanian Deadlift 3x8-10
Dips 5xfailure
Chins 3xfailure

Workout B:
Flat Bench 5x10
DB Pullover 3x8-10
Bent Over Row or One Arm DB Row 4x8-10
Shoulder Press (Bradford Style) 4x8

SPLIT:
Week 1 Monday -A* Wednesday -B Friday -A
Week 2 Monday -B Wednesday -A* Friday -B
Week 3 Monday -A Wednesday -B Friday -A*
Week 4 Monday -B Wednesday -A Friday -B
Week 5 Monday -A Wednesday -B Friday -A
Week 6† Monday -B* Wednesday -A Friday -B
Week 7 Monday -A Wednesday -B* Friday -A
Week 8 Monday -B Wednesday -A Friday -B*
Week 9 Monday -A Wednesday -B Friday -A
Week 10 Monday -B Wednesday -A Friday -B
Week 11 Monday -A* Wednesday -B Friday -A
Week 12† Monday -B Wednesday -A* Friday -B

*High rep day - 12-15 reps
†Add in 3 sets of 21's, 3 sets of skulls and 3 sets of upright rows on each workout day of the week

And so on for until gains in mass and strength start to decrease.

To go with that cardio is as follows:

Tuesday - Running (weather permitting)
Thursday - Football Training - 90mins(Every once in a while cancelled)
Sunday - Football match 80min super high intensity, play right back and work my bollocks off seen as the centre of the defence is wank lol, or is football match isnt on then high intensity circuit training.

Heres some Stats: (All stats were cold, flexed in the morning following a rest day)
BF - About 22-23%
Height - 5"6'
Weight - 148lbs
Build - Broad Shouulders, quite muscular but bit of extra fat around midsection
Biceps - 13inch
Arm Length - 27inch
Forearms - 10.5 inch
Legs - 23inch
Calves - 14inch
Shoulder Width - 19inch
Chest - 38inch
Waist - About 33-34inch.. god damn love handles lol..

Now my first workout has just been completed, it was a high rep day and workout A, Quads and lower back ache the most... Triceps are a little sore too.

-All exercises were done bare foot wearing just loose shorts

-Squats: One minute rest betweem sets.
Zercher Squats- 12x44kg (wearing belt) HARD
12x42kg (wearing belt) HARD
12x40kg (wearing belt) HARD
12x38kg QUITE HARD
Regular Squat- 10x38kg QUITE EASY

Romanian Deadlift(overhand grip): 45 secs rest between sets
Warm up - 15 x 37.5kg
15x45kg QUITE EASY
15x45kg CHALLENGING
15x45kg HARDER
Cool Down - 10x40kg

Chin Ups: 45 secs rest between sets
(Im wank at all types of pullups)
Bodyweightx10 EASY
Bodyweightx12 QUITE HARD
Bodyweightx8 CHALLENGING
Bodyweightx6 CHALLENGING BUT NOT TOO HARD
Bodyweight(Half Chins)xFailure(14)

Now was ment to be bar dips, but the bars are in the garden and it was pissin it down with rain so i decided to substitute with a differant bench+tri compound exercise and flat bench was already on wednesday...

Close Grip Bench Press: 45secs between sets
12x35kg QUITE EASY
12x35kg GETTING HARDER
12x35kg HARD, LAST REP TOOK BOUT 4 SECONDS TO COMPLETE & LOCK OUT
10x32kg CHALLENGING
20x28kg EASY

Reverse Curls: 45 second rest between sets
(Gripping is getting hard on deads&chins)
10x22kg CHALLENGING
8x22kg HARD

Cool Down:
Squat - barx30
Romanian Deadlift - barx30
Jumping Wide Grip Pull Ups - Bodyweightx20
Good Morning - 20xbar

So I'll be posting progress, problems, and pictures untill about xmas.

Ill get some pics soon too...

Thanks SaiBoTiCa and *the_west* in particular

-1-

Alright today my hams were the most sore, probably because I've never done specific hamstring work before, my quads, glutes and upper lats also ache a bit aswell which is good.

Today is cardio and core work day but again it pissed it down so cardio was off, annoyingly.

Core work was like this:

Weighted Plank (10kg extra) 3x1min
Weighted Hanging Knee Raise (5kg extra) 4x12
Weighted Crunch (10kg extra) 4x12
Weighted Side Bend (17kg dumbell) 3x20 on each side

Hardest Part was the crunches probably because I only had 45sec rest between sets...
Knee raises were tiring aswell.

I found gripping hard in the last sets of hanging knee raises and often had to drop and rest a couple of seconds, also I kept swinging without meaning to, probably because of the extra weight, is this also grip related? So has anyone got any tips on increasing my grip strength? I would rather just get stronger grip that get straps...

Tomorrow is Workout B. So I'll post a review on that.

Alright today my hams were the most sore, probably because I've never done specific hamstring work before, my quads, glutes and upper lats also ache a bit aswell which is good.

Today is cardio and core work day but again it pissed it down so cardio was off, annoyingly.

Core work was like this:

Weighted Plank (10kg extra) 3x1min
Weighted Hanging Knee Raise (5kg extra) 4x12
Weighted Crunch (10kg extra) 4x12
Weighted Side Bend (17kg dumbell) 3x20 on each side

Hardest Part was the crunches probably because I only had 45sec rest between sets...
Knee raises were tiring aswell.

I found gripping hard in the last sets of hanging knee raises and often had to drop and rest a couple of seconds, also I kept swinging without meaning to, probably because of the extra weight, is this also grip related? So has anyone got any tips on increasing my grip strength? I would rather just get stronger grip that get straps...

Tomorrow is Workout B. So I'll post a review on that.

You don't need to put weight on your abs training and also side bends will increase the size of your obliques, making your waist thick and your shoulders look narrower.

Allright, I just used weight because normal crunches and knee raises are a so easy, but ill up the reps and loose the side bends, cheers bro

You don't need to put weight on your abs training and also side bends will increase the size of your obliques, making your waist thick and your shoulders look narrower.

why would you say he doesn't need weight on his ab training? ab training should be done with heavy ass weight to thicken those bitches up.

Today, My mum & dad are back at work, my brothers back at school, so i got the day to myself, woke up early and seen as it was a nice day, not raining for once decided to take advantage of the chance and get some cardio in, I didnt feel like goin running at 9.00 in the mornin with not much to eat so I decided to do some moderate intensity, long lasting exercise in the garden, took about an hour in total. Heres what I did, tell me if theirs somthing wrong with it or if i should change it etc

Skipping, 40seconds on, 20seconds rest, go for a total of 10 mins
Circuit Training - 20mins worth of:
Farmers Walk, 13.5kg dumbells
10 Spiderman Pushups
15 Back squats with 20kg

All done as fast as I could with no rest between for 20mins

Then I choose somthing differant and did some crossfit, the crossfit 300 workout.
This consits of:
25 pull ups
50 135lb deadlifts (changed it to 80lb)
50 pushups
50 box jumps 24inch box (only got a 22inch)
50 floor wipers
50 clean and press 7kg dumbell (25 on each arm)
25 pullups

Hows that? Is it more uscle building than fat burning or am I ok?

And also, some news, I quit my football team, so I'll have to replace training and matches with cardio, any suggestions? Im thinkin of gettin some power bands for sprints, how effective are they?

why would you say he doesn't need weight on his ab training? ab training should be done with heavy ass weight to thicken those bitches up.

Thats exactly why I did it, I heard that using high reps keeps a lean looking midsection and keeps fat off your abs but using weight thickens them up, seen as Im doing more cardio wont that be burning the fat? Combined with thickening the abs from training, isnt that a good combination?

Thats exactly why I did it, I heard that using high reps keeps a lean looking midsection and keeps fat off your abs but using weight thickens them up, seen as Im doing more cardio wont that be burning the fat? Combined with thickening the abs from training, isnt that a good combination?

bro all the crunches in the world won't burn the fat off your abs, that is completely diet & cardio. you want to work those abs heavy and hard as hell to make them thick and bulge out..........that is if that is the look you want. get the diet & cardio in check to get the fat off them

Well my main aim isnt to after all this just hav 6pack abs.
More like..
Broad shoulders, wide back, slim waist, V taper kinda look but to an extreme, big bi's/tri's + forearms would be a very good addition thats sorta look, your shape is good, that sorts thing, you get me?

Top Bottom