Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

My Training Journal

You sure? I tryed 5x5 when I was even more of a n00b and wasnt on EF, I did it for a week and thought the workouts were too short LOL. But I suppose the good side of doing this means I can go running Mon-Friday because it doesnt take as much time...

And can I use this? >> [http://www.vicjg.com/aspx/madcowint.aspx

It just seems easier and quiker to understand and works outt he weights for you...
The only bit I dont understand is the Tonnage Cut off and Interval bit...

Last edited:
5x5 Today:
Squats:
26kgx5
33kgx5
40kgx5
46kgx5
53kgx5
EASY, LAST SET WAS EFFORT REQUIRING THOUGH.

Bench:
20kgx5
25kgx5
31kgx5
36kgx5
41kgx5
LAST TOO SETS WERE HARDER

Barbell Row:
25kgx5
32kgx5
38kgx5
45kgx5
51kgx5
LAST SET WAS EFFORT REQUIRING.

Then I ran about 2 miles, with a 20second maximum effort sprint at the end.

you forgot weighted sit ups and the weighted hypers!!!

I'm 26 and the 5x5 still works with me! You can add a couple of exercises you like as assistance work if you still have the energy.

Yes I relised after about 10mins, as I was going out the door for running, It was gettin dark and if I had done them then I would have had to forget running, I was pretty pissed about that aswell...
Just wonderin but the benching on the last sets is the heaviest iv ever gone because of the fact that I dont have a bench rack and cant get the weight up, but I found a way round it, I use two chains, put them at each ends of the bar on the inside of the plates and put some of the weight on that, I measure the chains so that about an inch off my chest the plates start coming off the floor, so all I have to do is kind of roll the bar off my legs and onto my chest when Im lying and the plates roll with it... On friday the assistance exercises are as follows:
Dips 3x5-8
Tricep Extensions 3x8
Barbell Curls 3x8

So could I swap Dips for chins? I dont have dip bars apart from rings, which I find much harder and can only do like 4 reps? And seen as Im going heavier on bench wouldnt by chest be ok without the dips? Or should I do weighted bench dips?
And also swap barbell curls for EZ curls? I want more of a peak on the biceps or do you think theirs no point? Thats my bicep in my avatar picture thing, barbell curls add more mass but Ez are better for peak, is that right? And if so which do you think I should do?

Forgot to post wednesdays's up:
Squat:
5x26kg
5x33kg
5x40kg
5x40kg

Behind the Neck Military:
5x20kg
5x24kg
5x28kg
5x32kg

Deadlift:
5x51kg
5x61kg
5x71kg
5x82kg

DB Hammer Curls:
12.5kg dumbellsx8
12.5kg dumbellsx8
12.5kg dumbellsx8

Tricep Bar Hammer Curls:
21kgx12
21kgx12

Im a little bit worried about the amount of delt work, 5 sets per week? I was gonna add 1 5sets for forearms after most workouts because of grip problems but would it be ok if I added say 4 sets of lateral raises once a week? Like Monday - extra forearm exercise. Wednesdsy - lateral raises. Friday - forearms. ?

And about the EZ or Barbell curls? The question above...

You got see this program as good to get you strong and if you do stick to the diet you will get massive. Remember that after a while your light days will also become heavy days by your current limits of strength! So don't clusterfuck too much on this one... rtemember that after a year you can add more than 200lb to your bench press, that alone can give your shoulders the extra stuff to grow...

Allright its just.. shoulders are the bodypart I want to develop most, Id rather big shoulders than say.. a big chest or w.e, purely because big shoulders are visable whatever your wearing, make you look more intimidating and make you look bigger all over, I already have quite big shoulders but bigger is better.
Anyway, Today:
Squats:
5x26kg (regular squat)
5x33kg (regular squat)
5x40kg (front squat)
5x46kg (zercher squat)
3x54kg (zercher squat)
8x40kg (front squat)
EASY

Flat BB Bench:
5x26kg
5x33kg
5x40kg
5x46kg
3x54kg
8x31kg
EASY

BB Row:
5x25kg
5x32kg
5x38kg
5x45kg
3x52kg
8x38kg
EASY

Bodyweight Dips:
(These wernt done on a parrallel bar, two bars meeting in a V shape)
3xFailure (7,7,6)
EZ Bar curl:
25kgx8
25kgx8
25kgx8
Overhead DB Tricep Extension:
21kgx6
19kgx6
(Switched to close grip Barbell version)
19kgx20. <-- Suddenly had more energy.. or is the barbell version just much easier thabn DB?

On second thoughts, Im not gonna bother with forearms today, Pretty dead tbh, 5x5 moves went well, I dont rest between sets, just the amount of time it takes to reload thr bar, like to keep it fast paced. The barbell curls, dips and overheads were hard, especially on the last sets of curls and dips. The reason I switched from DB overheads to barbell is cuz I was nearly dropping the weight, find it hard to get my hands around the plates, got big hands you see...

Actually, after this whey shake and isotonic drink, I feel like I could get a couple of hammer curls in, might wait another 5 mins and just do like 2-3sets of 6?

U dint answer the EZ/BB curls question god damn it!

-Tricep bar Hammer Curls (inside shoulder width)
25kgx7-failure
25kgx7-failure
21kgx20-fatigue

25kgx7-failure
25kgx7-failure
21kgx20-fatigue

Watch your mouth punk ass ;) I will answer this tomorrow, gotta work now it's gonna be a long night!

25kgx7-failure
25kgx7-failure
21kgx20-fatigue

barbell curls and Ez bar curls are good for biceps mass, the peak is another story! You need size on those arms! Does that answer your question? You can always alternating between those two evey 2 months.

Top Bottom