Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

My Training Journal

why would you say he doesn't need weight on his ab training? ab training should be done with heavy ass weight to thicken those bitches up.

because he is only fourteen years old and he is not being supervised during is workouts, he workouts at home without nobody to spot him and watch his form.

best of luck man! make sure to keep your diet on track and train with explosion and intensity. Also try to learn as much as you can from the experienced bodybuilders at your gym.

Yeah I can get like ma dad to spot for me but I dont want to be basing ma workouts on my dad not bein busy so he can come and watch, but SaiBoTiCa, u say weighted ab exercises are too dangerous without a spotter when the other day I was pushin so hard on squats even today the tendons in my neck still hurt from straining on the high rep squats...
Weighted plank, crunches and knee raises? whats the worst that could happen? Cant expect to never be injured especially on a strength routine. But if you sure then I'll keep them unweighted?

Last edited:
because he is only fourteen years old and he is not being supervised during is workouts, he workouts at home without nobody to spot him and watch his form.

bro, we're speaking of abs here. not bench/squat/deads/etc. i'm sure he will be ok.

And another thing, my grip is falling more and more behind, doing farmers walk today my grip went before traps which never used to happen, what can i do to strengthen it?

And another thing, my grip is falling more and more behind, doing farmers walk today my grip went before traps which never used to happen, what can i do to strengthen it?

pick up heavy ass weight.

Thats what I do on deads, and at the weekend im gettin 2more 10kg plates so Ill be able to go heavier on deads, but its things like chins and knee raises that it is worse on, deads are fine.

And today was ment to be workout B
(decided to leave bench till last so I dont need as heavy weight till I get a bench rack)
Warm Up :
Dips 2xfailure
Clap Pushups 2x10

Bent Over Row (strict form)
24kgx15
35kgx8
35kgx8
32kgx8
32kgx8
24kgx15

Military Press (bradford style)
(had to experiment with this cuz never done them before, wasnt sure about weight)
24kgx8
27.5kgx8
27.5kgx8
24kgx8
24kgx8
22kgx8

Pullovers -
Havin trouble with these, tryed dropping the weight, increasing it, slowing down the reps etc but still dont feel it in my lats, just arms...
Dumbell:
16kgx12
16kgx15
Decided to have a go wit barbell but it made no differance..
Barbell:
20x12
18x12

Chest ached from cardio this morning, pissed off with pullovers and neck+abs hurt so decided to call it a day at that.

bro, we're speaking of abs here. not bench/squat/deads/etc. i'm sure he will be ok.

Maybe I'm being a little overprotector. I like doing abs with weight, but hitting the obliques through side bends with a 40lb dumbell will make his waist grow. Lower abs, upper abs it's ok if he use weights with caution, but the less the obliques grow the better.

Do the pull-over right after chest and before the rows and the first two sets go easy on the weight (around 10-12kg) so your lats get a nice warm-up and stretch first then go heavier for 2 or 3x8-10reps inhale deeply on the bottom and also let the weight touch the floor if u can for a full stretch. keep a slight bend on the elbows and keep them pointing outward (not towards the ceilling) your head should be off the bench. Here check this vid and words

YouTube - Home Strength Training Exercises : Pullover Exercise

Has for the grip issues, stick to your routine, increase your weights as much as you can, eat like you had chronic hunger and rest. Everything will fall into place, your body will adjust in time. There will be days when you feel extra strong, those days take a walk, better said... take a farmer walk! LOL

Ok.. but eat like I have chronic hunger while Im tryna slim down?
And alright, what I was gonna try was a couple of sets of flyes before bench, so I dont have to go so heavy with benching because of the training alone or just move dips to the same day as bench and move the overhead bradfords to workout A, as a sort of pre-exhaustion technique?
I said to my self that when I have slimmed down a bit Ill look at joining a gym.. just to help me keep on track and put the effort in because I wana go heavier on bench and do some back squats every now and again..
Do you think the height of the bench would affect pullovers?

Top Bottom