Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

My Smolov Squat Prototype...

Sebass67

Well i decided that i need a change to my workout plan and so have decided to try and tough out the Smolov Squat program...

I am going to have to be very careful of not overtraining...
I start monday...
Current Pr = 455...hoping for at least 500 post smolov.

There are a lot of things i want right now so i want to try to encompass all of my wants in the next shift in program.

Would it be possible to have the deadlift training program in there as well?
http://www.dragondoor.com/cgi-bin/articles.pl?rm=mode2&articleid=73

Deadlifting 2 times a week
Squatting 4 times a week
Bench ? Where does this fit in? Maybe do something with reduced volume...WSB? Therefore not killing me entirely..So benching maybe twice a week...

The way i would have it as it stands...Also, do u think that if i could come in twice a day, maybe working dead and squat at different times in the day would help?

Mon Squat early/dead late
Tues ME Bench and assistance
Wed Squat early/dead late
Fri Squat early/dead late/DE Bench and Assistance
Sat Squat early/dead late

Just broke up with my gf so i figure i need something to keep me busy....have lots of food on hand too.

Sorry to hear about the chic. As you know, I do understand the nature of the beast.
About the training, looks like a lot to do. Think your body and mind could jump into it?

squatting and deadlifting 4x per week, yikes. no matter what weights you use that alot of volume, which will leave little room for the accesory exercises to address indvidual weaknesses. how many weeks are you going to do this, i wouldnt do it more than 4 weeks max, before switching back to wsb if thats what you did before.

That guy who did that writeup on dragondoor, did deadlifts as well. I dunno I wouldn't myself, your lower back is gonna take a combined pounding

And I wouldn't do the Smolov as is, spread the day out so you only squat 2-3 times a week. Unless your on Vitamin S :p

Your bench strnegth will go to hell, mine sure did! Just do lighter stuff.

I know of one kid who did the full thing as is, he had to skip school, and stayed in bed all day during the intense phase - and all he did was squat :D

I think I saw my destiny around set 8 of the 10x3's with 85% of 1RM ;)

Off course I would recommend you add bodyweight reverse hypers at the end of each session to get some blood flow through the posterior chain.

Last edited:
Well as is the program consists of doing one 4 week intense phase followed by two weeks of tapering off, doing speed work ,etc.

Personally, i got a good back to handle the stress from deadlifting...So, in that respect i think the DLing program shouldn;t be a prob for 4 weeks. When i squat i will wear my belt so that should help a bit.

I think i will try it out and see what happens.
I might throw in some very light OL just to keep the groove greased up.

Good luck to me tomorrow. I need a full time joblike workout to keep my mind from stagnating. I can;t actually say that breaking up with my first gf was easy on me so i may as well add a few pds to my squat and dead in the process.

As it stands i'll be around less, my internet is down. Thanks for the help and input and i'll be putting in updates soon.

Heading to the gym. Peace.

Ok, today was no problem.
Squats 9sets of 4 with 70%
Deads. Did them from a 3 inch high aerobic stepper.

Tomorrow is off.
Benching is out of the question right now b/c my front delts just about want to kill me. Did some accessory work though, barbell rows 2X8, Weighted Dips 1X8,1X7 w/45 plate, some light shoulder work. Also threw in some light snatches...95 pds for speed. I also tried them off of a box. Working on reallyt swinging the hips through. Felt i was more explosive today and the lightweight feels like nothing after doing some deads.

Top Bottom