Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

MY ROUTINE/DIET - FLAME AWAY

Liberator

Hey

I'm posting my routine hoping to get somekind of feedback on it, I cant do any searches cuz it seems the archives gone, so feel free to flame away constructively, I appreciate your help.

I have been training for about 6months but only recently got serious on my diet, I used to do alot of cycling competitively and aerobic work/running/blah so I'm pretty lean. I also have a fast metabolism, so I dont need any cardio.

My gains up to now had been about 3lbs in 3 weeks.

I am 6ft 4, 190lbs.

DIET

6 meals per day, normal breakfast, NLARGE2 inbetween meals etc.
260g PROTEIN
350g CARBS
30g FAT

ROUTINE:

MONDAY - CHEST/BACK

PRE-EX: Flat DB Flyes 2x20 moderate
Flat BB Bench Press 2x8 HEAVY
Incline DB Press 2x8 HEAVY
Cross Bench DB Pullovers 3x10 HEAVY

Deadlift 2x8
Pulldown Behind Neck 2x8
Barbell Bent Rows 2x8
Seated Pulley Rows 2x8

TUESDAY - OFF

WEDNESDAY - SHOULDERS/ARMS

BB Shoulder Press 2x8
BB Upright Rows 2x8

BB Upright Curls 2x8
Seated DB Curls 2x8

ABS - Crunches 40 left side, 50 middle, 40 right side
ABS - Weighted Crunches 2x15

THURSDAY - OFF

FRIDAY - LEGS

Squat 2x8
Leg Press 2x8
Calf Raises 2x15
Leg Extensions 2x10
ABS As above

Yeah this routine looks simple, thats the way Ive tried to make it, concentrating on compound exercises until I get some mass, I think the sets/reps need mixing up abit and I was thinking of maybe switching to pyramids for the compounds at least.

Anyway,

Cheers

Dude, your calves are not going to grow much from just two sets. It is best to get 8-10 sets of 10-20 reps each, and they should be heavy. Your calves will be very sore at first, but they'll adjust.

------------------
stay hungry

10 sets for that little muscle???? Maybe for Arnold!!!

Dorian only did 2 sets!!!

Try doing dumbell calf raises. That way you can take advantage of negative portion. Because with machines like the calf raise tend to be harder on the positive and lighter on the negative because it is on a machine that produced friction.

------------------
http://bodybuildinginfo.cjb.net

Thanks for all your replies

I think you were right about the number of reps for Abs, Ive cut that right back now.

Ive started doing the routine BigAndy recommended and it seems to work much better.
My whole body is sore this week, and I generally felt like I was going to die after every visit to the gym, until I ate some food, then I was ok again!!! His routine feels just right.

Thanks for the website link, and the comment on calfs, my calfs do seem to be taking an age to grow, I was thinking of subbing the machine for Barbell, but I think I'll give the Dumbells a try as you mentioned.

I'm gonna check out your site now!!!

Cheers again

Top Bottom