x
Almost there! Please complete this form and click the button below to gain instant access.
EliteFitness.com FREE Email Series: How You Can Use Winstrol, Masteron, HGH, and Testosterone for a Perfect, Muscular Physique!
- -
We hate SPAM and promise to keep your email address safe.
- -
puritysourcelabsdomestic-supply
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals

Is my rotator cuff strained/torn?

Welcome to the EliteFitness.com Bodybuilding Site! Please join this discussion about Is my rotator cuff strained/torn? within the Weight Training & Weight Lifting category.

Excerpt: Last Monday, I completed my bench workout with no shoulder pain at all. At the end of the workout, I threw in some bodyweight dips (extremely light for me), and felt a slight pain in my shoulder, but nothing that would normally cause alarm. Later that evening, I felt a sharper pain across the top of my shoulder when making certain movements. I can row without a problem, but since then, I have been unable to do any pressing moves with any amount of weight. Today I tried benching 135 (really

Read more or register here to join the discussion below...

Good Bro

Is my rotator cuff strained/torn?

Last Monday, I completed my bench workout with no shoulder pain at all. At the end of the workout, I threw in some bodyweight dips (extremely light for me), and felt a slight pain in my shoulder, but nothing that would normally cause alarm. Later that evening, I felt a sharper pain across the top of my shoulder when making certain movements. I can row without a problem, but since then, I have been unable to do any pressing moves with any amount of weight. Today I tried benching 135 (really light) and did 6 reps, but there was some pain in my shoulder so I decided to call it quits. The pain seems to radiate from next to my neck out toward the top part of my shoulder joint. I have absolutely no limitations in motion, though I can't do any pressing motions. I'm praying this is not a rotator cuff injury as I know they can take forever to heal. I was just about to start cutting, and I'm afraid I'll lose a lot of size off my chest if I can't even bench. Any thoughts?

Good Broly

Re: Is my rotator cuff strained/torn?

I would recommend taking 4-7 days off. Last year, I started getting a pain like that in my shoulder. It would start to hurt when I did dips, and bench press. The pain wasnt that bad, and I was making the best gains of my life, so I pushed through the pain, and kept working out hard. Eventually the pain got worse, and I couldnt do any shoulder/chest exercises for about 2 months. Even after the 2 months it bothered me to the point where I was afraid to lift anything remotely heavy.
    The moral of the story is that if I would have just taken it easy when the pain first started, I wouldnt have hurt it to the point where I had to take months off.

Re: Is my rotator cuff strained/torn?

Yeah Das is right just take some time off see if that helps it. I had a bone spur and rotator cuff repair year and a half ago. It only hurt when benching very heavy. Sounds like you have just strained a muscle. Rest and NASD's should help try again in a week or two. But don't need to see a doc unless it is still there after three or four weeks at same level of pain.