Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

my powerlifting workout.

I'd think his squat to deadlift ratio is ok, since he's doing it all raw, assuming his deadlift max is closer to the top end of the range he listed. Bench is definitely way more developed than the lower body lifts though.

When bblazer asks conventional/sumo, he means are your hands inside of your knees when you bend down to grip the deadlift, which would be sumo, or are your hands outside your knees and with a narrower stance, which would be conventional or "normal" style deadlifts.

Are you training for any particular meet? If so when is it? Have you competed before, and if so what weight class and what was your total?

B-

Are you training for any particular meet? If so when is it? Have you competed before, and if so what weight class and what was your total?

B-

nah, i've never competed before, no real desire to do so now. What i really want/need to do is get my fat down, because it's pretty high right now prolly around 25-30% fat, even though i look pretty thick muscled. i want my muscles to be thicker and bigger but i dont want to be a fat powerlifter, ya know?

but i will say that i can JUST BARELY break 1000lbs total if i REALLY force it.

Last edited:
Based on everything that has been posted I am going to suggest that you change a few things.

1) I think you should be doing Wendler's 5/3/1 program but...

2) Instead of his deadlift workout, I want you to use the Coan/Phillipi routine. However, do not go for more than 20 lbs on your desired max calculation. Even for a novice 20 lbs in 10 weeks can be a lot.

3) Get your diet in check. Kill all simple carbs, and start consuming 1.5-2.0 grams of protein per lb of body weight. Drink at least a gallon of water a day.

4) Use 10 grams of creatine and 10 grams of l-glutamine per day even on off days. No other supps other than a good multi-vitamin and fish oil should be needed.

B-

i cant take creatine because it really messes up my stomach. Any alternatives? if not i guess i can just man up lol.

It's not 100% necessary. There's also some pill form stuff you could try if you've only been exposed to the monohydrate powder.

Top Bottom