Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

My Posture SUCKS. HELP!

blaster220

I'm getting thicker and thicker as the weeks roll by, but I find myself hunched over all the time... I guess it is a habit left over from my days of being tall and lanky at a measley 160. What is the easiest method for encouraging a straight posture that will make me look mean! :)

------------------
"Pain is weakness leaving the body"

I always used to slump until I looked at myself in the mirror and I realised how bad it must have looked.

Then when I stood up straighter I realised I was taller and felt bigger. After that, I just kept remembering how good it felt to not slump and I don't do it anymore.

You just have to tell youself to change.

-Patro

------------------
EVERYBODY HAS THEIR OWN AGENDA

chances are you bench alot. this can cause for tightness in the pectoralis muscles thereby protracting the shoulders. this is called upper cross syndrome. lay on a bench or a stability ball and stretch your chest as if you were doing flyes. another cause of this is tight lats (both together cause the sydrome actually) stretch your lats by getting on all 4s, resting your forearm on a bench palm up and stretching down on it with your arm relatively straight. these are corrective stretches to be done before training as well as anytime you have freetime. thats for your upper body.
chances are you have postural deviations in your lower region as well. there are numerous stretches to remedy this too.

A very good solution to your problem is dumbell pullovers! With your feet on the floor put your shoulders on a flat bench facing up. Grasp a dumbell and with your arms slightly bent lower the wieght over your head for a good stretch, then bring the dumbell back towards your chest while squeezing. This is a great movement to expand your ribcage and actually causes you to stand a bit more upright. This also works both the chest and back(One of Dorians favorate movements). LOL

err...i suffered (still do but much less) from bad posture.....i read on a chart that abs an spinal errectors are responsible for posture.....i work spinal errectors a lot in kungfu and abs, its really helped my posture.:rolleyes:

Abs are important to having a strong back. I also used to have real bad posture. Now that I've put on a lot more muscle, its a lot better. But still, it takes CONCIOUS effort to stand up straight all the time. Many times throughout the day I find myself slouching. It's getting better though. Just keep remembering to stand up straight as possible. It may be uncomfortable at first but it will get better. Hope this helps.

Top Bottom